Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sabine Wren Holster Clips

• 11 Replies
Sabine Wren Holster Clips
« on: Jul 26, 2016, 11:13 AM »
First of all, I'm Elyssa and I just wanted to say that I'm new to the group and am building my first costume, Sabine Wren. I'm currently getting supplies around to make her holsters and belt, but I can't find the clips that hook her holsters to her belt. I've found clips, but they don't meet the qualifications for the RL or MM. Any suggestions that could point me in the right direction? Thank you!!

There is no greater good than justice; and only if law serves justice is it a good law. It is said correctly that law exists not for the just but for the unjust, for the just carry the law in their hearts, and do not need to call it from afar. I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
    ―Boba Fett "Tales of the Bounty Hunters"
Re: Sabine Wren Holster Clips
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2016, 02:59 AM »
Hello and welcome to the mercs!

You've definitely come to the right place for help building a mandalorian.  Do you know which Sabine version you're planning to build?  The CRL's are available for season 1 Sabine, but I believe season 2 CRL's are a work in progress.  Also, since the season 3 trailer is now out, there are also a few reference photos for this kit. 
Season 1 CRL's: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80279.msg1206110#msg1206110

While there are quite a few changes between each version, they do build off of each other.

There are quite a few merc members with approved Sabine costumes. Check out their threads and send them a pm if you have any specific questions.  You'll find that everyone here is extremely helpful and supportive.  Here are a copuple completed builds:

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79511.msg1196858#msg1196858
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=82642.0

Delta 13 (AKA Mike) recently built a season 2 belt rig for someone.  Here's the link to his sales thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=65417.195     It sounds like you're planning to build the belt rig yourself, but hopefully this gives you some ideas on the hardware he used.  If I had to guess, it looks like he built some of the hardware from scratch.  You can always pm him and ask.

I hope this helps a little bit.  Good luck on your build!

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2016, 01:41 PM »
Those clips are so frustrating. My leather guy ended up making mine from strips of metal, so they're not functional of course but they had right look. Hope that helps, we went through a lot of clips before we went that route.

« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2016, 03:54 PM »
Kar'ta thank you! I love that reference a lot more than the others that I've seen for Season 1. I've thought about using money clips also for those darn things on the holsters, but I'll play around with things and see what works best. I'm working on her blasters now so the belt will be the next step. Now on the MM requirements for her belt...it says metallic loops... Is that referring to the loops like the ones used in this image? https://goo.gl/images/KCiTt6 I've seen this one a lot and not sure if they would be accepted by MM or the Rebel Legion.

There is no greater good than justice; and only if law serves justice is it a good law. It is said correctly that law exists not for the just but for the unjust, for the just carry the law in their hearts, and do not need to call it from afar. I bow to no one and give service only for cause.

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2016, 05:18 PM »
To my knowledge we haven't had one approved like that (that's the Disney Parks version.). I think it was more in terms of "belt loops" since that's the closest approximation.

Money clips can work, but they're very hard to cut and bend, and when you bend them  the chrome plating can come off. Just a warning from someone who tried it. ;)

« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2016, 05:41 PM »
Oh darn!! Thanks for the heads up. I'll try the metal route then, are these something that I could find at a hardware store?

Eitanya

« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2016, 06:20 PM »
My friend just had some metal lying around the shop, but a hardware store should have something that would work. Just need a thin metal strip.

« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2016, 08:58 PM »
Ok thank you!!

« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2016, 02:41 AM »
I was thinking about how this could be done and it occurred to me that you might be able to use two separate flat rectangular belt loops.  If you glued the belt loop in place on the holster strap, glued the second loop in place on the belt, and then glued the straps together, you'd probably achieve a similar look. Placement would be key, however it might be an easier work around than making your own pieces.  The obvious downside is that the only thing holding the pieces together would be leather glue (which is pretty tough, though I've never tried it simply by itself).

Loops kind of like this:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/400626965204-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

« Reply #9 on: Jul 30, 2016, 10:12 AM »
You know I thought about those also! And I wondered about holster clips...if they were easy enough to bend the ends down?

Eitanya

« Reply #10 on: Jul 30, 2016, 11:00 AM »
Hmm, I have some I bought for another project, I'll try it and let you know.

UPDATE: I couldn't bend the suckers, but they're thicker than the ones you'd want for Sabine. Might work, not sure.

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2016, 11:06 AM by Eitanya » Logged

Sabine

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #11 on: Jul 30, 2016, 10:31 PM »
I Have a set from Delta 13 for my S2 build, his are also cut and folded metal. They slide on rather than clipping.

Sabine Wren S2

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC#1593 || M5#71 || NOS#9 || 96 OM Invasions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!