Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ronin Fett

• 8 Replies
Ronin Fett
« on: Aug 30, 2016, 07:43 PM »
Hello All!

My crossover suit has been completed! I got to visit my first Comicon in it this last weekend as well! Let me know what you think!
The credit due is as follows:
Clinton Felker of Deviant Art has done wonderful samurai star wars crossovers and his artwork is my inspiration.
Sharpe Mountain Leather out of Pennsylvania USA had been commissioned by me to complete this first foray in to cosplay. I will be making my own following suits as I have been acquiring the tools and training to continue with the leather Samurai Star Wars cosplay.

I really likeed this shot as well

This is one of my favorites, I claimed Mt. Mansfield in Vermont in the Glorious name of Mandalore!

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Ronin Fett
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2016, 08:09 PM »
I can't express how much I love this kit! I've made two complete Yoroi in the past and I think I'll have to try doing a crossover like this. I look forward to seeing your future kits.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Shevla Ram'ser

• Osik, they have a tank...
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2016, 10:17 AM »
Hey Ronin, Impressive kit!

Some friends tell me I missed you by an hour or two at our little Vermont Comic Con- I had to leave by noon unfortunately, but; If you ever need an extra pair of hands, I'm local!

Have you looked much into building a kit that wouldn't be considered a Crossover; I.E. official member approve-able- that still retains some Samurai aspects? I'm sure it could be done.

You look fantastic!

"If it's 'NERF or nothing' , I choose nothing..."
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2016, 07:52 PM »
Thank you both! As for future builds, I plan on making Lord Vader next, then the Imperial Guard and finally a Stormtrooper. All out of leather by my own hand this time. I built/sewed  the sashimono, added the visor, got the gui, dual bokken and tabi from a martial arts connection. Vader is my next build. I am working on the preliminary parts now.

Kyr'am Ad'ika

• "Foolish Mando"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2016, 11:25 AM »
Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous
The attention to detail, the texture, the romanticism, it all hits the mark beautifully. Well done, Ronin.

bis vincit qui se vincit illa

Cabur Shev'la

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2016, 04:07 PM »
This is awesome Ronin!  A crossover kit is in my future as well...  maybe in time for Celebration next year.

Tom Amoroso - Shereshir'Ca: Seize The Night - MMCC #1244 | Kilted Mando #026 | MiB #001 | G.O.M.O.L #010 | Grey Brigade OT #020 | L.O.B. #014

OM Troops: 10!

Obalon

• My salvation is my weapon
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2016, 12:32 PM »
Love this so much. This is itching me to do a Viking mando in the future.

Obalon Bralor Valus

« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2016, 05:29 PM »
Very freaking cool!

It's nice to see something different from all the modern kits

"I live for my Squad, I die for my Squad"
"We are Mandalorians, We are Family"
"Protect & Serve to the highest bidder"

SillySpook

• Beware what comes outta the Black Bayou.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2017, 06:56 PM »
This is so amazing and just stunning. Really awesome and inspirational! Well done!

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. ~ Oscar Wilde

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!