Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Capes

• 10 Replies
Capes
« on: Sep 10, 2016, 05:46 AM »
What are you guys views on real leather capes and what sizes would be best cheers

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Capes
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2016, 10:40 AM »
It'd be pretty heavy after a while, especially added to the weight of your armor.  However, there's nothing in the rules that says you can't, so if you're happy enough with the look to handle the weight, go for it!  Size isn't really an issue unless it's too small or too big, but the goldilocks zone for cape size is pretty big.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2016, 11:01 AM »
Cheers buddy make upholstery so have lots of spare bits of leather. So could do patchwork cape as well. I would thin the leather a lot to give it some more flow. Still only new and toying with ideas think my style will be light armour to start with but want it to look really well used and worn.

Heatstroke

• "Is it hot in here, or is it me?"
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2016, 04:51 AM »
Nothing wrong with a real leather/fur cape...:)

Kit WIP- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=116680.0 (Complete)

B.O.M.B #67
B.E.A.R.D. #146
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2016, 06:47 AM »
Like  :o looks like a wampa hide not sure what size would look best for mine

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda and TDE#388
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2016, 04:03 PM »
What are you guys views on real leather capes and what sizes would be best cheers

^^  As long it is appropriately weathered and not square looking (piece of fabric) you should be good.  I caught mine on fire in a few places and tore the edges to give it my desired weathered look.  Then I smeared it in some sludge (built up oil deposits) from my car.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 56
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2016, 02:24 AM »
That looks awesome. Any chance you could take a picture of it laid flat and a idea of measurements so I have a idea of size to work with cheers

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago
« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2016, 04:33 AM »
Nothing wrong with a full length cape, either.  This is my cape.  The fabric is about 5 feet by 5 feet.  Nothing fancy.  Then just cut some holes, add some tears and dirty it up.  Easy peasy.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda and TDE#388
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2016, 08:50 AM »
That looks awesome. Any chance you could take a picture of it laid flat and a idea of measurements so I have a idea of size to work with cheers

About .5 yards of fabric because they double it up.  But this really depends on your size and what length you want your cape to be.  The biggest thing is to bunch it up, round it, tear it, etc to make it look more like a cape.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 56
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Heatstroke

• "Is it hot in here, or is it me?"
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 07, 2016, 04:01 PM »
Mine is literally a sheepskin rug, that goes over the shoulders, and I fold it on the bottom for length...

Kit WIP- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=116680.0 (Complete)

B.O.M.B #67
B.E.A.R.D. #146

Jun'yar Ikaad

• The mando formerly known as Bata Aden
  • Awards Airmobile brigade member 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2016, 12:37 AM »
My Cape is literally a piece of fabric I cut a whole into and tossed over my shoulder  :laugh: but I will say all that fabric does make my neck sweat lol. Yeah with the leather cape I'd recommend a smaller cape just so its not too heavy

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!