Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Helmet Scratch Build

• 3 Replies
Helmet Scratch Build
« on: Sep 28, 2016, 10:17 AM »
Here's my first scratch build helmet
First Stage Poster and Cardboard

UPDATE:
So i needed to take the dome off. It wasnt fitting my head right. Unfortunately my head is larger than normal so it looks as if I may have to customize the dome part of it to fit my head the proper way. I have taken a break from working on the helmet and am now working on my pauldron similar to the one that ARC troopers wear in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. And I do have a question regarding it. Will a double sided pauldron eliminate the need for chest and back plates that reach up to my neck or do I still need to include those?

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2016, 09:45 AM by SignalParrot78_ » Logged

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Helmet Scratch Build
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2016, 12:36 AM »
They are still required Vod. A troopers pauldron is an accessory.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2016, 10:35 AM »
Bad news. My head is too big to fit in a standard mando helmet so I was forced to custom make the dome on my helmet. It is a bit larger than the one in the picture above but looks less like a cone. Overall it's not much bigger but it is noticeable. Am i required to make the scale of the helmet larger or am I allowed to elongate the dome piece by about 1/2-1 inch to make room for my head? Any suggestions would be very helpful!

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2016, 10:51 PM »
Lengthening the face of the helmet would probably be a better bet Vod. Having a taller dome always results in less than desired effects.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!