Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

NEED TO SPEAK WITH A MERC ASAP

• 6 Replies

arceus9000

• Hello, I'm the Doctor
NEED TO SPEAK WITH A MERC ASAP
« on: Sep 21, 2016, 09:40 PM »
There's a guy claiming to sell to the 501st and the Mercs, all he sells is cheaply painted star wars toys. Posting pics below, need to talk to an admin ASAP

John Smith

arceus9000

• Hello, I'm the Doctor
Re: NEED TO SPEAK WITH A MERC ASAP
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2016, 10:15 PM »

John Smith

arceus9000

• Hello, I'm the Doctor
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2016, 10:28 PM »

John Smith

DJon Ros

• Mando Merc #425 BLUE MOON CLAN
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2016, 02:44 AM »
Ok? I'll bite. What's up?

I know alot of folks who modify Star Wars and Nerf guns to use with their kits.
Our CRLs list what is acceptable.

18 OFFICIAL INVASIONS & 8 UNOFFICIAL (Table or Handler)
#1 MMCC Patch Collector on 501st Collection db.
FORMER BMC RUSSALOR
BMC-OM#4
Mando Rider #0014-Merc Motorcycle Association
M.A.B.L.E. #032
B.O.M.B. #47
TK8854-MSG 501st Legion-ANH Stormtrooper
Celebration VI & VIII SURVIVOR

arceus9000

• Hello, I'm the Doctor
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2016, 03:16 AM »
This guy running "cosplay props company" is selling poorly painted toys for $150+ tried to con me and pad it off as custom made for the 501st, this guy didn't even bother doing a good paint job. I'm worried he'll con someone else in my shoes. I mean you can't just paint a toy claim it's your own custom parts and designs and then sell it for almost 10x the price, that's fraud.

John Smith

Reginmund

• Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la
« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2016, 10:29 AM »
If he is claiming these are custom made, and not just custom painted; then yes it is fraud. However it is not against club rules to use a repainted toy blaster (as long as the usual logos, screw holes, etc. are covered up). Additionally in most of his listings he isn't claiming anything really. On the side bar are the standard Etsy tags for a listing, but you can't make custom tags and must pick the ones closest to what you feel represent your items for sale... So in reality, even if something says handmade on Etsy it doesn't actually mean it is truly handmade (unfortunately).

Try contacting Ohl'd Vart or Coreysnaps via PM about this. They maintain the Recaster and Bad Vendor alert thread.

For those wondering THIS is the shop in question.

C.A. #67 | M.A. #160 | M.A.D. #69 | M.A.R.S. #64 |M.L.C.S. #32 | VABS

Jaing

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #6 on: Sep 22, 2016, 10:38 AM »
I will be locking this thread now. This isn't the area for this honestly. As has been stated, you can contact Ohl'd Vart and Corey about this via pm, they would be the ones to talk to.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!