Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Hearing

• 3 Replies
Hearing
« on: Sep 09, 2016, 11:07 PM »
What all is everyone using so that they can hear what is going on and being said outside of their buckets. I'm looking for a good hearing aid system for both my wife's bucket and my own.

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Hearing
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2016, 11:49 PM »
Eh hearing is overrated. I think most mandos just use sign language.  :laugh:

One of the members on here makes one called uproar.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=76540.0

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2016, 11:52 PM »
It depends on the size of your bucket, a really tight one will give you an echo in my experience. When wearing my juggernaut (big helmet) I can hear perfectly fine as there is space on either side of my ears. I am tall however, so it may just be that sound can travel up into my bucket better. Not sure.

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2016, 05:27 PM »
I'm looking at getting a Velleman microphone kit.  It has two external pick ups routed to a headphone jack.  I have a J2P and already have a couple fans mounted, which makes it difficult to hear.  Positioning the pick ups is going to be a custom alteration for the kit, bit it's within my skill set. 

There's the previously mentioned uproar, which is similar to the kit I'm looking at. 

Right now, I'm not using anything to enhance hearing.  Sound is muffled bit discernible without my fans running, but when they are on, I can't hear a thing.  I use the fans sparingly for that reason.

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!