Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

sound amplifier help

• 3 Replies

Renn

• I thought you were made of sterner stuff?!!
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
sound amplifier help
« on: Sep 24, 2016, 08:15 PM »
I have built and installed a in-ear sound amplifier into my helmet. I am wanting to hook up some motorcycle helmet speakers to it in stead of using headphones. BUT I am having some major problems with feedback when Ihooked up the speakers. Any ssuggestions on how I could fix this problem, maybe there is something I can use to to sheild the mics? Any help would be great. I will put up some pics of the interior of my helmet and the amp board, later when I get off of work.  here is my board..I am trying to find the best position for my microphones to help eliminate feedback. the speakers will be placed on each side of the helmet.

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2016, 08:34 PM by Renn » Logged
MMCC #1116    B.E.A.R.D.S.#101

Den Barren

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: sound amplifier help
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2016, 12:12 AM »
Are you still having trouble with this? If so I might be able to help.

Renn

• I thought you were made of sterner stuff?!!
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2016, 08:12 PM »
Are you still having trouble with this? If so I might be able to help.
yeah still having issues, I have ended up taking the board out of my helmet, till I solve the problem

MMCC #1116    B.E.A.R.D.S.#101

Den Barren

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2016, 12:05 AM »
yeah still having issues, I have ended up taking the board out of my helmet, till I solve the problem

My first thought would be to check the ground connection. Have you tested it with headphones? It should work the same with the speakers, so if it has that problem with only the speakers I would think there is a lose connection or a misplaced connection. If its that the speakers are being overloaded you could try putting in a resistor between where the live wire connects to to the board and the speaker itself. I would try a 220 ohm resistor if you went that route. If you're coming to one of the clan armor parties you could bring it and I'd be more than happy to give it a look in person if non of this makes sense. lol :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!