Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Electro/Tesla Gauntlet ?

• 15 Replies

Yolah Hyperion

• "Speak softly and carry a heavy blaster"
Electro/Tesla Gauntlet ?
« on: Sep 27, 2016, 02:33 PM »
This is a thought had been in my head for a while.  :D
Would a Mando be able to have a electro/tesla type of gauntlet/glove? Something that had an energy pack attached to the main gauntlet and had wires or discharge packs on the hand area. Could be used to disarm opponents and or used to help capture bounties, could subdue someone that got to close, charge a knife with electricity, the list goes on.

Something along the lines of this but more Swarzy of course and modified.

Would like some thoughts and feedback before I go and start making something like this and end up not being able to use it for my kit.

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises."
Mandalore the Preserver

"I have poured blood, sweat, manly tears, months and years, and quite possibly my mortal soul into this armor. Treat it like it is the last child on earth."
-Svik Katora

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Electro/Tesla Gauntlet ?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2016, 03:17 PM »
I don't see why not.   

Not all Mandos capture their quarry with a blaster bolt.  Shock gaunts would come in handy for moving merchandise (both organic and droid) in a somewhat more intact state.   ;)

You could get very creative with some EL wire and my only recommendation would be to make them less pokey than what you've got posted.

Try checking out the X-21 shock gauntlet for a base of where to take your aesthetics. 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Yolah Hyperion

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2016, 03:47 PM »
I don't see why not.   

Not all Mandos capture their quarry with a blaster bolt.  Shock gaunts would come in handy for moving merchandise (both organic and droid) in a somewhat more intact state.   ;)

You could get very creative with some EL wire and my only recommendation would be to make them less pokey than what you've got posted.

Try checking out the X-21 shock gauntlet for a base of where to take your aesthetics.

:o oh my gosh you have just solved most of the puzzle, many thanks!!!
I shall come up with some ideas !!

Mandalore the Preserver

"I have poured blood, sweat, manly tears, months and years, and quite possibly my mortal soul into this armor. Treat it like it is the last child on earth."
-Svik Katora

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2016, 10:24 PM »
Check out Je'karta from BVC. His gauntlet is amazing!!!   8) 8) 8)

Yolah Hyperion

« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2016, 09:01 AM »
 :o ..dat is beautiful..must pm him

Thank you for the reference!!!

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2016, 09:11 AM by Yolah Hyperion » Logged
Mandalore the Preserver

-Svik Katora

Akiva Tal'korel

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2016, 11:23 PM »
Sorry for the necro, but I'm looking now at doing something similar to Je'karta's gauntlet you posted.. does he have a build thread for it? It's stunning!

Train your sons to be strong, and your daughters to be stronger.

Ojishe - Chiss Post-Imperial Build: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=197869.0

Official Merc #0513
Mini-Mando #48

Yolah Hyperion

« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2016, 07:09 AM »
If he does I have not been able to find it and he has not yet responded to a PM  :-\

Mandalore the Preserver

-Svik Katora

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2016, 09:34 AM »
I spoke to Je'karta.  He is checking now to see if he can locate some WIP info for you guys.  When he hits me back, I'll update the thread. Standby.  :)

Yolah Hyperion

« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2016, 09:36 AM »
I spoke to Je'karta.  He is checking now to see if he can locate some WIP info for you guys.  When he hits me back, I'll update the thread. Standby.  :)

^ This Vod, this is just one of the many reasons you are awesome!!  8)

Mandalore the Preserver

-Svik Katora

Akiva Tal'korel

« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2016, 05:15 PM »
Thanks muchly! The pic is a great one and something I can certainly work off of if he isn't able to find more info, but if so, fantastic! Thanks a bunch!

Ojishe - Chiss Post-Imperial Build: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=197869.0

Official Merc #0513
Mini-Mando #48

Aselo Kaig

• Aselo Kaig
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2016, 12:20 AM »
I would also Like to see a WIP for this because I want to spice my kit up a bit after om status

Raestin Ke'Varek

« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2016, 10:33 AM »
I spoke to Je'karta again and he couldn't locate the original WIP.  But he did send me some good close up pics. They should help. He said it was made using 3mm and 6mm sintra, and a plasma disk for the gauntlet. He gave me permission to post them here.  :)

Yolah Hyperion

« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2016, 06:15 PM »
THANK YOU!!!
This will help out so much ;D

Mandalore the Preserver

-Svik Katora

Akiva Tal'korel

« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2016, 05:19 PM »
Thank you so much to you both for this!! Pics are very helpful! :D

Official Merc #0513
Mini-Mando #48

Bariikas Talgal

• Leave a legacy worthy of a song
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #15 on: Dec 11, 2016, 09:25 AM »
Look good! I'd be interested the know how the underside looks or how have assembled the fingers. is it just me, or do the fingers look to bensure just 3mm wrapped around?

Retired MMCC: #1608

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!