Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit, Sabine Series 3 Action Gear

• 2 Replies
First Kit, Sabine Series 3 Action Gear
« on: Dec 06, 2016, 11:22 AM »
So I'm looking to start my first build with the Sabine Series 3 action gear. Currently got some material for the bottom half of the flight suit and need a day with decent lighting to get a proper photo for it. Until then, I've been looking for some of the easier soft parts and was wondering if the following would suit.

For the gloves I have bookmarked the following. Not sure if the popper will make it a no go so any advice would be appriciated.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hongye-Leather-Motorcycle-Driving-Fingerless/dp/B01FLJTL04/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1481039620&sr=8-14&keywords=fingerless+leather+gloves

I'm having trouble finding anything resembling the boots unfortunately but am hopeful I'll be able to source material for the top half of the flight suit soon.

EDIT I'm wondering if the following would be suitable boots if I were to remove the straps from the top.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavenly-Feet-Emerald-Womens-Tall-Black-Memory-Foam-Wedge-Heel-Boots-/302147402930?var=&hash=item4659637cb2:m:mUmpGJyZHNeqWqtJy4X3q7w

« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2016, 11:37 AM by Suma » Logged

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
Re: First Kit, Sabine Series 3 Action Gear
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2016, 12:26 AM »
I am not a Sabine expert, but we have a couple people around here who are. Coronae just finished her Season 2 build and might be able to give you some good input for sourcing things like boots and gloves. I'll bump her to come take a look at your thread to give you a hand.

And AliyaJ just finished her Season 3 build. I think it was approved. You can find her thread her and PM her for more info.
AliyaJ's S3 Sabine

Also, if you haven't seen it, the S3 CRLs for Sabine's action gear was just published. Sabine action gear S3. It might be helpful if you can access it.
If not let me know, I'll copy and paste them here for you.

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Sabine

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: First Kit, Sabine Series 3 Action Gear
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2016, 08:30 AM »
Those gloves look good, though you'll need to black out the button on them. The downside is you'd need to be really careful wearing them though because paint tend to chip off that kind really easily. I like the boots, they sound nice and comfy. I think you'll be okay removing the buckles, but you might double check with the app team if the extra seams are okay on them. You might get more leeway on those with the shin armor than s1 and s2 get. If not, these are what I use: Anne Klein Sport Women's Durwyn Synthetic Knee High Boot, Black, 6 M US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MQ2PSE8/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_n0asyb995S73W

For the flight suit, you'll want to look for a body suit pattern that has princess seams, it'll make the color blocking a lot easier. I used the YaYa Han one. The app team is pretty particular about fabric colors for Sabine, so make sure you post pictures of what you have already ASAP.

Sabine Wren S2

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC#1593 || M5#71 || NOS#9 || 104 OM Invasions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!