Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

sawed off blaster???

• 14 Replies
sawed off blaster???
« on: Oct 09, 2016, 12:35 AM »
So, I was researching the WWII era weapons that most original Star Wars trilogy weapons are based on. I also recently started researching airsoft guns for actual airsoft purposes.

The research coincided and I need to ask, does anybody know if the the MP40 has been used before in canon? If not, I have a few ideas for something akin in appearance to a sawed off shotgun, or oversized hand cannon.

It seems like a fine contender for a Swarz Weapon.

I am thinking of removing the barrel up to the main nut, here.

Keeping the stock in the folded position, and likely adding some for of grip that would attach to IT and overlay on top of the magazine chamber.

And a scope on top or attached to the chamber cant hurt.

Just me and my medic..... She's all I need.
Re: sawed off blaster???
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2016, 04:34 AM »
So are you looking to make something like this? just sort of on a bigger scale? or did I totally miss your meaning? ether way awesome idea Vod!!! cant wait to see what you come up with!

The true measure of some one's character can only be taken during times of great strife and danger. For its easy to be a hero when all is well with the galaxy. But when it is time to charge into no man's land and face the evils of the galaxy that is when true character shines and those of weak moral fiber can be seen for what they are.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2016, 03:22 PM »
That blaster is far too small and has an elongated barrel. Its a fair bit different, but I appreciate the input, it lets me compare more blaster types, and gives me ideas for extra details.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2016, 09:43 AM »
Look up the EE-4 from Battlefront.  Looks a lot like an MP-40.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Jalek Karr

• Keep moving forward.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2016, 01:48 PM »
I actually read that the MP-40 is used in Rogue One for Krennic's blaster so you may want to hold onto it a bit for better pictures.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Stories#Dir._Orson_Krennic.27s_Blaster_.28MP40.29

I'm also making a blaster out of an MP-40 which is in one of my threads, it's not done but I'm going to attach a foregrip like the one on the Relby V-10 and I may add a bayonet.

Scenic and Lighting Designer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2016, 08:31 PM »
The EE-4 is similar to the MP-40, but no dice. Director Orson's blaster however..... I am investigating now.... Thanks Jalek.

its BASED on the MP-40, but it seems HEAVILY modified... like a modern film production would do. But also, after looking at it with the scope, it seems too regal for my Mando.......

My Mando's main weapons are trench knife beskads, a pike, maybe 1 full vibroblade. I planned to have 1 gun in my kit to act as my Indiana Jones gun. So I feel that the scope comes off as too refined, as opposed to my hand-cannon idea. I'll continue considering other add-on options, but the scope is definitely out now.

« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2016, 01:08 PM »
Isn't that the weapon that makes the A-280C? Or is it something else :laugh:

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2016, 04:51 PM »
The A-280 is originally based off the Sturmgawehre 44, then the more modern M16 frame.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2016, 01:16 AM »
Well...... new inspiration has struck and i believe I may be taking this in a COMPLETELY different direction than originally envisioned.

Still looking through WWII era weapons, i found the STEN MKII.

This was a 9mm machine gun issued to the British, at first the stock threw me off, but then it inspired me........ After watching some RWBY

Imagine taking the pipe stock, and replacing it with a blade of some kind?

its a rough sketch... but you get my meaning, whatcha think?

i'd likely add a special grip/sight to the top of the blaster barrel

« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2016, 04:45 PM »
I'm thinking any weapon where a blade is pointed towards you is not a good idea. It looks cool but would be horrible practically.

« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2016, 11:57 PM »
I used an airsoft M3 "grease gun" for my build and I'm happy with the way it turned out. I sawed off the barrel, plugged the magazine well, took off the charging handle and put some greeblies over the ejection port, and added 2 scopes.  I built mine after Dr Evazan's pistol which was a modded Remix-Favor 9mm machine gun.  They all similar enough in look and era that I think your MP40 would work great as a base.  Post pics of your progress!

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #11 on: Oct 20, 2016, 05:24 PM »
Since the STEN was the predecessor of the Sterling, it would be a good fit.  The Sterling was the base for the E-11 blaster and others. 

But I can't see the should stock blade thing being of much use. 

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46
« Reply #12 on: Oct 21, 2016, 07:52 PM »
The basic idea is that i can use the stock-blade as a machete, and the barrel of the blaster itself as handle.

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #13 on: Oct 21, 2016, 09:10 PM »
Honestly... you'd either shoot yourself in the foot or chop your arm off with that thing.  :(

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Straka Zulu

« Reply #14 on: Oct 21, 2016, 11:08 PM »
Honestly... you'd either shoot yourself in the foot or chop your arm off with that thing.  :(

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!