Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Gauntlet Weapons Sound Effects - Not Sure How to Approach

• 3 Replies

Jalek Karr

• Keep moving forward.
Hello all, I have not had the opportunity to have used electronics at all for any project, but I really would like add some audio effects to my gauntlets.

My idea would be to have buttons that would play effects for my mounted blasters or rockets, but I'm not sure what products to use for that (mainly for the audio files themselves). I have done some digging online and I have not discovered anything particularly helpful, so if anyone has already done this or something similar, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you!

Scenic and Lighting Designer

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: Gauntlet Weapons Sound Effects - Not Sure How to Approach
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2016, 03:08 AM »
just an idea but you could buy a cheap blaster that has sound effects and strip the electronics out of it and incorporate them into your gaunts. ;)

Fi-8015

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2016, 07:28 AM »
There is a great tutorial for blaster electronics on the FISD forum based on arduino.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19322-arduino-a-cheap-board-for-e11-blaster-effects/

You can ignore the LEDs and their current sources if you just want sound effects. There is also a small demo code for just simple sound effects somewhere in that topic (don't know where exactly, sorry).
You can use any .mp3 sound files you want. There is a soundboard on starwars.com and I think there are blaster sounds included. You can record them with e.g. Audacity.

Resin helmets for sale in the Trading Station

electriFi - Mando Electronics English / German

Jalek Karr

• Keep moving forward.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2016, 05:44 PM »
just an idea but you could buy a cheap blaster that has sound effects and strip the electronics out of it and incorporate them into your gaunts. ;)

I had this idea for the Rubies Westar, so if I end up doing this I'll be sure to post it here!

There is a great tutorial for blaster electronics on the FISD forum based on arduino.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19322-arduino-a-cheap-board-for-e11-blaster-effects/

You can ignore the LEDs and their current sources if you just want sound effects. There is also a small demo code for just simple sound effects somewhere in that topic (don't know where exactly, sorry).
You can use any .mp3 sound files you want. There is a soundboard on starwars.com and I think there are blaster sounds included. You can record them with e.g. Audacity.

Just checked out Arduino, seems fairly approachable for me and also a versatile product, I'll probably pick up a cheaper one to toy around with.

Thanks vode!

Scenic and Lighting Designer

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!