Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My EE3 (Modified)

• 10 Replies
My EE3 (Modified)
« on: Oct 19, 2016, 06:06 PM »
So i decided to build a Version of the EE3 or a Modified one to say the least, started with a toy airsoft pistol, got a little larger pvc tube for this one, then just started to kit bash the rest with foam, maple wood and greeblies. Sorry for the lack of photos on this, I just got too engulfed in this project.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: My EE3 (Modified)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2016, 09:16 AM »
So i decided to build a Version of the EE3 or a Modified one to say the least, started with a toy airsoft pistol, got a little larger pvc tube for this one, then just started to kit bash the rest with foam, maple wood and greeblies. Sorry for the lack of photos on this, I just got too engulfed in this project.

Pretty sweet looking carbine you've got there.  I used a similar approach with my modified EE-3 carbine (you can see my WIP here: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=96166.msg1644258#msg1644258).  There are things I definitely would have down differently if I were to do it again and I've seen many great ways to do another one since then, like your's here.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 63
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2016, 10:18 AM »
Thanks Karl! yours is a great version as well! I think the hardest part for me was trying to figure out how to securely fasten the "D" grip without any weak points and the 2nd was trying to make "T" bars on the barrel, but overall i'm happy with the result, it's heavy also like a real blaster so I guess the project proven itself for battle  ;D

Karl Dha'Werda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2016, 10:50 AM »
Thanks Karl! yours is a great version as well! I think the hardest part for me was trying to figure out how to securely fasten the "D" grip without any weak points and the 2nd was trying to make "T" bars on the barrel, but overall i'm happy with the result, it's heavy also like a real blaster so I guess the project proven itself for battle  ;D

Get a few troops in with it and it won't feel heavy anymore.  I love the reaction people get when I offer my blaster for them to hold in pictures.  Their hands drop down with the weight.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2016, 10:54 AM »
Get a few troops in with it and it won't feel heavy anymore.  I love the reaction people get when I offer my blaster for them to hold in pictures.  Their hands drop down with the weight.

haha totally, as soon as my armor is complete, i'll troop for sure which reminds me, i love your Mando Concept, it's very clean but spot on!

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2016, 11:03 AM »
haha totally, as soon as my armor is complete, i'll troop for sure which reminds me, i love your Mando Concept, it's very clean but spot on!

Thanks, but I have to ask which one?  My current kit or my beasthunter late crusader WIP?  Do you have a link to your WIP for the rest of your kit?

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2016, 11:30 AM »
I believe your current one which is in your avatar. Love the spats/gaiters

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2016, 01:37 PM »
Im loving this so much, it looks amazing. we should start a custom EE-3 club haha

« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2016, 01:44 PM »
Im loving this so much, it looks amazing. we should start a custom EE-3 club haha

Haha thank you, ya I totally agree! Although mine isn't screen accurate, I had a hell of a time making it.

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2016, 02:59 PM »
Haha thank you, ya I totally agree! Although mine isn't screen accurate, I had a hell of a time making it.

Exactly why I call mine a "modified" EE-3 carbine because it is not screen accurate but resembles one.

Regardless, they look cool.  :)

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
« Reply #10 on: Oct 20, 2016, 11:34 PM »
Exactly why I call mine a "modified" EE-3 carbine because it is not screen accurate but resembles one.

Regardless, they look cool.  :)

likewise, or maybe they aren't modified, but "Upgraded"....?  8)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!