Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Belt, Pouches, add-ons... which of these are a NO! (Update-Answered!)

• 6 Replies

Rohm Iy'Kadaysh

• A mando 4 life, but I Utinni.
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member EnviroOps
With proper modifications: remove/cover zippers & logos, color adjustments, weathering… are any of the following items a definite “NO”? Not to say I’m going with all of them… just going through the process of elimination so that I can put together the right combination for my belt, pouches, add-ons (I’ve numbered them for easy reference):

thank you in advance! OYA

« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2016, 05:43 PM by Rohm Iy'Kadaysh » Logged

Fenris Claddanna

• Chaotic Fun
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Belt, Pouches, add-ons... which of these are a NO!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2016, 03:55 PM »
Disclaimer: I m neither an App team member nor a Ruus'alor.

That being said, #1 might work with modification. #2 will work as-is(I believe we see Jawas with those same pouches, in fact), #3 will only work with extreme modification(ie: all the PALS webbing needs to be covered/removed), #4 will work provided there are no logos(I have the exact same belt with my kit, in fact), #5 is extremely questionable. At minimum the zippers need covered/removed. #6 is most likely a no-go. #7 could probably work. It looks(to me at least) sufficiently 70s.

That being said, if it were me, I would go with either two or four, and eliminate the others. The first reason I'd eliminate number one is if you have thigh armour, it would be easier to go DW style and build the holster into the plate, rather than modding an existing item. The other reason is more for practical reasons: that style of drop leg(single connection point to the belt) holster tends to flop around quite a bit on the leg. I've worn them for airsofting before, and inevitably the cursed thing will flop around to the point it's either behind my leg or directly on the front. If you are going to go with a drop leg style holster, I would honestly build it to where it has multiple points that connect to the belt.

Oyacyir mav, ash'amur pirusti

OM#1624
Kyrimorut#021:KMB# 32:B.E.A.R.D.S#128:W.B. #08:MTS#082:M.M.R.S#017

Rohm Iy'Kadaysh

« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2016, 05:38 PM »
Disclaimer: I m neither an App team member nor a Ruus'alor.

That being said, #1 might work with modification. #2 will work as-is(I believe we see Jawas with those same pouches, in fact), #3 will only work with extreme modification(ie: all the PALS webbing needs to be covered/removed), #4 will work provided there are no logos(I have the exact same belt with my kit, in fact), #5 is extremely questionable. At minimum the zippers need covered/removed. #6 is most likely a no-go. #7 could probably work. It looks(to me at least) sufficiently 70s.

That being said, if it were me, I would go with either two or four, and eliminate the others. The first reason I'd eliminate number one is if you have thigh armour, it would be easier to go DW style and build the holster into the plate, rather than modding an existing item. The other reason is more for practical reasons: that style of drop leg(single connection point to the belt) holster tends to flop around quite a bit on the leg. I've worn them for airsofting before, and inevitably the cursed thing will flop around to the point it's either behind my leg or directly on the front. If you are going to go with a drop leg style holster, I would honestly build it to where it has multiple points that connect to the belt.

you and I are eye to on each one of those and the approach. My hope was that I get no resistance to #2, #4 & #7. #2 I know for a fact is being used throughout the mando and jawa folks. So I figured that one wouldn't be any issues. I'm thrilled about the potential of using #4. Love the look and style of the belt and it will fit my kit perfectly. I have some modifications for #7 that should allow for multiple carry methods depending on what other weapons I'm rocking any given day.

I definitely will have a side arm and I do intend to do thigh armor. I had some concerns about one thigh being off weight or strangely proportionate to the kit overall if I were to build a holster into it. Hence my thought about keeping it a separate piece. But I have since come across a few ideas talking with some folks that could allow for a modular build of the thigh armor. Which would allow me to disconnect the holster piece if need without it looking like anything was "missing" from the thigh armor, yet when attached... it will appear as a single piece.

Thanks again for the feedback vod. All that being said... I'll leave it at this... anyone viewing this post (app team members?), feedback is welcomed if you see any issue with #2, #4 & #7 being used (below). Much appreciated

« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2016, 05:41 PM by Rohm Iy'Kadaysh » Logged

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2016, 06:22 PM »
2 will work perfectly, a LOT of people use those.  4 will work. I use the belt from that, myself.   If you are still looking for pouches, look on Amazon for Mosin Nagant pouches, they are very common, and rather affordable.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Rohm Iy'Kadaysh

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2016, 08:21 PM »
2 will work perfectly, a LOT of people use those.  4 will work. I use the belt from that, myself.   If you are still looking for pouches, look on Amazon for Mosin Nagant pouches, they are very common, and rather affordable.

Good lookin out. Thank you... I'll definitely check them out. Couple more pouches never hurt haha

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2016, 04:46 PM »
TI and Straka are correct.  #2, #4 & #7 will work just fine.  Officially.  ;)

Rohm Iy'Kadaysh

« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2016, 05:40 PM »
TI and Straka are correct.  #2, #4 & #7 will work just fine.  Officially.  ;)

Smashing!!! Thanks Vod. Time to go spend some credits. Officially.  :P

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!