Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

imperial super commando reference images

• 17 Replies
imperial super commando reference images
« on: Nov 06, 2016, 05:40 PM »
hi everyone i have found some reference images for the new imperial super commandos for star wars rebels thought they will be usefull for everyone who want to start making the helmet or jetpack etc.

« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2016, 05:46 PM by jango mando » Logged
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe."
Re: imperial super commando reference images
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2016, 06:26 PM »
They just released this image on the "Behind the Scenes Gallery" for the episode  ;D

« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2016, 08:41 PM »
very nice which I found that one as well lol.
haha but well done in finding it  :)
also is the URL for that gallery as well be good for everyone in the long run  ;D

« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2016, 10:00 PM »
very nice which I found that one as well lol.
haha but well done in finding it  :)
also is the URL for that gallery as well be good for everyone in the long run  ;D
Here's the URL for the episode guide, which contains some pictures of the episode, plus the Gallery ;)
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/imperial-super-commandos-episode-guide

Hopefully we'll be getting more High Resolution images in the coming days, so that we can build a proper CRL for the Supercommandos

« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2016, 09:41 AM »
thanks for that help me out.
also, hope so will be by the end of the month so we can start planning the whole thing out.

« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2016, 11:47 PM »
No problem! I am also making preparations to begin my build.
However one thing has me worried. As far as I can see, this is going to be a really uncomfortable armor to wear, even more than a Stormtrooper. Because the whole Chest is just two pieces, without division between the back and front, so it's going to be REALLY rigid. That's the downside of trying to replicate a cartoon armor in real life :/

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2016, 08:01 PM »
The artwork doesn't really show but on the show the front and back plates were seperated down the sides. There's no way around that anyway and be able to put it on.
So going off the concept art and the episode the torso armor would be 6 seperate segments. 3 in front and 3 in back.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2016, 12:08 AM »
The artwork doesn't really show but on the show the front and back plates were seperated down the sides. There's no way around that anyway and be able to put it on.
So going off the concept art and the episode the torso armor would be 6 seperate segments. 3 in front and 3 in back.

I will have to disagree with you on that, I've reviewed the episode again, and look at this shoots:

The front and back are the same piece, there is no division, and I think that the upper and middle pieces also can be made one, so the torso armor would be just 2 segments. However I may be wrong, but that's what I can see so far

« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2016, 01:08 PM »
from what i can see from the ep and the screenshots you have here i think it would be a two piece torso as the top and the middle parts look separated to me and would have clips or something along those lines to keep it in place so well but hope as more ep come out and i hope we do get more photos to work from.

Dingo_Largo

• NorCal Freelancer
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2016, 10:11 PM »
There are two things of the CRL that I have to disagree with, the first is the shin armor. From what I see is that the lower leg coverings is a boot spat with the knee armor either attached or it rides the top of the spat. The next is the ab armor, since these characters are based on the original super Commando design the ab section is a part of the flight suit.

If you notice the stitching is the same on the flight suit as it is in the character SOP.
Is there any way someone can contact a LFL member and ask about the character so we are getting it right? I would hate to see someone get approved for this costume and then have a LFL person say that the costume is wrong.

Dingo Largo
-NorCal Freelancer-
Wolves of Mandalore
MMCC #1377- WoM #32 - TC #50
Mando Rider #35 - B.o.B.B. #19
NDWO #39 - QMU #58 - GGG SL13770

Instagram - @DravensTotalCustoms
Facebook -DravensTotalCustoms
Twitter - TheDravenCorvus

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2016, 02:34 AM »
There are two things of the CRL that I have to disagree with, the first is the shin armor. From what I see is that the lower leg coverings is a boot spat with the knee armor either attached or it rides the top of the spat. The next is the ab armor, since these characters are based on the original super Commando design the ab section is a part of the flight suit.

If you notice the stitching is the same on the flight suit as it is in the character SOP.
Is there any way someone can contact a LFL member and ask about the character so we are getting it right? I would hate to see someone get approved for this costume and then have a LFL person say that the costume is wrong.

Please allow me to address your concerns and ask a few questions of my own:

1. LFL sends the CRL team privileged material in order to write the CRLs.
2. LFL is unlikely to ever interfere with this club's CRLs.
3. Basing one character and assuming another to have the same gear would be a mistake. The imperial supercommandos are not the concept Fett. The armor is not the same.
4. The lower leg covering on the concept and the ISC shin armor is completely different. Why are the CRLs an issue?
5. I'm not seeing your referenced stitching being the same. Please elaborate.

« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2016, 03:23 AM by Dha Bral » Logged
It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)

Dingo_Largo

• NorCal Freelancer
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2016, 03:24 AM »
1. LFL sends the CRL team privileged material in order to write the CRLs.
2. LFL is unlikely to ever interfere with this club's CRLs.
3. Basing one character and assuming another to have the same gear would be a mistake. The imperial supercommandos are not the concept Fett. The armor is not the same.
4. The lower leg covering on the concept and the ISC shin armor is completely different. Why are the CRLs an issue?
5. I'm not seeing your referenced stitching being the same. Please elaborate.

I wasn't comparing the lower leg covering of the character and the concept boba drawing. I was just saying that it is designed as a spat rather then actual armor.

If you look at the SOP's from the episode of the character and the concept boba, the flight suit stitching is near the same. For example look at the butt area of both, they both have a trapezoidal pattern and the seam goes down the back of the leg to the knee. To me, the ab area looks like it has an ornate stitching in the same place and going along with the concept boba flight suit. That's why I was asking if someone from LFL has said that it is a hard armor or not. To me it doesn't seem visually or logically that it would be, but I could be wrong.

I agree with some of the comment above this armor as it stands in the CRL would be uncomfortable and a near impossible to put on without having it be a front and back piece design. The upper and mid can totally be made as a one piece design that not a problem, the problem is that to be seamless would make it a challange to put on.

Dingo Largo
-NorCal Freelancer-
Wolves of Mandalore

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #12 on: Dec 22, 2016, 03:54 AM »

I agree with some of the comment above this armor as it stands in the CRL would be uncomfortable and a near impossible to put on without having it be a front and back piece design. The upper and mid can totally be made as a one piece design that not a problem, the problem is that to be seamless would make it a challange to put on.

Can't disagree with you there. I'll take this to the team.

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)

PhantomEcho

• Never wound what you can't kill.
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2017, 10:42 AM »
Can't disagree with you there. I'll take this to the team.

I know several people who wanted this project, saw it was like the clone troopers with no mobility and went on to another idea.

Rebel Legion Membership Officer
« Reply #14 on: Apr 18, 2019, 10:15 PM »
I won't let this one die until I complete it!!!
However... almost by chance I found out that in the now defunct game of Force Arena, Gar Saxon was a playable character, and he looks just amazing...
The only thing that remains the same from the Rebels series is the helmet (which I already have modeled). I was wondering if this can be considered to make a new CRL for the costume. I really dig this look on him and would be able to make the suit files before summer.

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #15 on: Apr 19, 2019, 02:24 PM »
That version actually looks feasible for a real human to wear. I hope we can get a CRL for this. I know that reference would be enough to get a 501st CRL going so if nothing else you could try with them.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Dingo_Largo

• NorCal Freelancer
« Reply #16 on: Apr 19, 2019, 02:52 PM »
I won't let this one die until I complete it!!!
However... almost by chance I found out that in the now defunct game of Force Arena, Gar Saxon was a playable character, and he looks just amazing...
The only thing that remains the same from the Rebels series is the helmet (which I already have modeled). I was wondering if this can be considered to make a new CRL for the costume. I really dig this look on him and would be able to make the suit files before summer.

I would just write the CRL yourself from all of the available visual references and submit it to the new PO. Also it would be cool to submit that same CRL to the SpecOps detachment of the 501st for legion approval. It never hurts to try.

Dingo Largo
-NorCal Freelancer-
Wolves of Mandalore

« Reply #17 on: Apr 22, 2019, 10:48 PM »
I would just write the CRL yourself from all of the available visual references and submit it to the new PO. Also it would be cool to submit that same CRL to the SpecOps detachment of the 501st for legion approval. It never hurts to try.

I'm actually working with the SpecOps Detachment, I'm a member myself  :P
They OK'd the references, and now are just defining whether it's going to be a separate CRL from the Rebels armor, or a variant.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!