Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sgtsouth's WIP, with updates.

• 23 Replies

SgtSouth

• poodoo, that didnt go as planned
Sgtsouth's WIP, with updates.
« on: Nov 07, 2016, 04:30 AM »
finally making headway, bucket and vest are on order. here's where I stand for now. metal build is a lot of fun. gotta switch to my phone to load the pictures.

Gloves arrived,  helmet ships tomorrow.  More to come.

so as it stands:
helmet: check thank you head shot props, need to trim and paint
torso armor: metal,cut and shaped
gloves: check
boots: check
flightsuit: check
Vest: checkthanks to pops leathers in Turkey.

need to aquire:
guantlets ( have 105 shells, need to construct the second one, hinge didn't fare well during return home)
back rig, may just go without for now. Back plate is done though
kama
weapons

« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2017, 12:18 AM by SgtSouth » Logged

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
Re: Sgtsouth's WIP
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2016, 08:39 PM »
I'm sure a mod will be by shortly to scold you for double, or in this case, triple posting. 

But aside from that, plates look good.  What's your plan for a flak vest?  I see you're doing a kidney plate, any plan for a full back plate?

I have a similar flightsuit.  Pretty much the exact same thing only in OD.  Too much modification to cover, remove or disguise all the pockets and zippers. 

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2016, 09:13 PM »
SgtSouth,
Double posting(in this case Triple posting) is actually against Forum Rules, as seen here. (Section 3.3 -Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'. If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.)

I will be merging your posts. Please double check the forums rules as posted.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

SgtSouth

« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2016, 03:05 AM »
I apologize for the  triple post, I am currently in a deployed location with the military.  It was the only way I could get it to load.

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2016, 03:19 AM »
Now that you know Sgt we should be good to go.

Thank you for your service, in the lounge there's a servicemember group for those of us that served and serve in the military.

QMU#084

SgtSouth

« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2016, 05:29 AM »
thanks Bowfanny.

Venom, I have the template ready for the back plate, just had to wait until my work load was down so I can cut out the back, thighs, shnees, and cod. currently waiting for the shop super to go home so I can get started again.

ive removed the pockets, and taken a spare flight suit to pieces. the thigh plates will be attached to the scraps, then sewn to the original suit. as for the vest, im currently working with another member here to get one made from vinyl.
 I ordered a head shot props helmet last week, cant wait to get started on it. and the visor just showed up last night.

SgtSouth

Re: Sgtsouth's WIP, with updates.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2016, 11:59 AM »
Today I had some luck. After a failed attempt at making my guantlets, I found two of these.

It's a de-mil 105 howitzer shell.  So it to take a lititle work, but who else is gonna have guantlets made from something so badass.

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2016, 12:11 PM »
Wow  :o that's REALLY intense.

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Bowfanny

« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2016, 10:31 PM »
That's going to be some intense Kit action vod.

QMU#084

SgtSouth

« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2016, 02:51 AM »
Backplate is cut and sanded, tonight will see some shaping.

SgtSouth

« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2016, 06:31 PM »
Hammer met anvil, back plate is shaped.

Kol Varek

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2016, 04:25 PM »
Can you get some pictures with the backplate on or at least held on?

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

SgtSouth

« Reply #12 on: Nov 18, 2016, 07:17 AM »
i'll have to wait until we have time, but I will get a pic of it being held on asap.

SgtSouth

« Reply #13 on: Nov 29, 2016, 06:56 AM »
Have to remember shape the shoulder bends, I think the other shift is playing with my armor.

Kol Varek

« Reply #14 on: Nov 29, 2016, 05:42 PM »
The backplate tabs should mold around your shoulders. Check these out:

Here's an idea of how to shape it.

SgtSouth

« Reply #15 on: Nov 30, 2016, 03:59 AM »
That's how they were at first, I'm having trouble getting it back in the slip roller. Caught 2 of my guys playing with my bucket today, and found inappropriate doodles on my shoulder bells. What is the deal with military guys drawing phallic symbols..... >:(

SgtSouth

« Reply #16 on: Nov 30, 2016, 05:45 PM »
Sorry for the second post, my phone won't let me edit my last post.

Made significant progress on the gauntlets,  but only took pics of the one.

SgtSouth

« Reply #17 on: Jul 23, 2019, 01:05 PM »
sorry for the lack of updates, not having a personal pc has made this a nightmare. also, get ready for a massively pic heavy post.

new vest, sizing up the shoulder bell. I know its upside down, just like my personality. lol. material will be trimmed to form of bell.

front view of plates for spacing. new diamond has been made, will attach shortly.

spacing and mobility testing.

weathering of the pouches

gonna add a few of these to the kit

verp for the kit, few more greebs to add, and a scope

mock up of the verp

more to come.

Fenris Claddanna

• Chaotic Fun
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Jul 25, 2019, 09:28 AM »
sorry for the lack of updates, not having a personal pc has made this a nightmare. also, get ready for a massively pic heavy post.

new vest, sizing up the shoulder bell. I know its upside down, just like my personality. lol. material will be trimmed to form of bell.

front view of plates for spacing. new diamond has been made, will attach shortly.

spacing and mobility testing.

weathering of the pouches

gonna add a few of these to the kit

verp for the kit, few more greebs to add, and a scope

mock up of the verp

more to come.

Fixed the images for ya, ner vod. When linking to Imgur, make sure you use the urls that end in .jpeg.

That aside, it looks good. Your collar definitely needs some additional shaping to get it to lay flatter against you, but we can definitely get that knocked out at an armour party fairly easily. Aside from that, I'm not seeing much else that I need to comment on.

Oyacyir mav, ash'amur pirusti

OM#1624
Kyrimorut#021:KMB# 32:B.E.A.R.D.S#128:W.B. #08:MTS#082:M.M.R.S#017

Jenga

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #19 on: Jul 25, 2019, 10:00 AM »
Great to see this thread active again! (And thanks for the pics fixes Fenris!)

Like we chatted about before we def need the shaping and sizeing tweaked especially in the collar, and while I know those bells are purposely upside down they need to come higher to cover the required area.

The foundation is solid, we just have to buff and polish  :like:

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 39 | Event Team 2022-current | App Team 2018-2021 | Art Team 2019-2021

SgtSouth

« Reply #20 on: Aug 04, 2019, 01:26 PM »
I can finally make it to an ap this month, so I'll be there with bells on.  I know it's weird that they are upside down,  but I have a reason for that. 

Thanks for the fix vod!

Jenga

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #21 on: Aug 04, 2019, 02:58 PM »
I can finally make it to an ap this month, so I'll be there with bells on.  I know it's weird that they are upside down,  but I have a reason for that. 

Thanks for the fix vod!

Fantastic! Can’t wait to get some work done  :like:

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 39 | Event Team 2022-current | App Team 2018-2021 | Art Team 2019-2021

SgtSouth

« Reply #22 on: Dec 28, 2021, 11:30 PM »
at the behest of my ruus, updating my wip so I can app...

« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2021, 11:44 PM by SgtSouth » Logged

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #23 on: Dec 29, 2021, 05:12 AM »
Great job, ner vod! And good luck!  :like:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!