Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

A sniper's backpack WIP

• 9 Replies

stinkylinkz

• Back at it again!
A sniper's backpack WIP
« on: Nov 13, 2016, 12:09 PM »
I've recently decided to redo my Mando kit. I've junked the original and only plan on using the experience. I started with the weapon and it turned into a sniper rifle, so I'm going to keep the brigade requirements in mind as I work on the rest of my kit.

"Snipers must also have some form of visible communications capacity; this can be as simple as extra antennae on the helmet, or a belt-worn comms device, or as elaborate as a communications pack.
-Additional Optional Equipment
-survival gear/ backpacks/ bedrolls/ etcetera.
-jump packs or repulsor packs are acceptable
-jetpacks should be avoided due to their bulky nature."

I decided I wanted to do some sort of repulsor/jump pack with some built in comm equipment. So first things first, I started cutting out some rough dimensions for the pack. I believe it is 14"x12" or so and 6" deep.

I slapped together the general shape here. It has a similar shape to the boba/jango jetpack base.

I then got to work adding accessories. It has a couple booster on the bottom and a few in the middle. It also has a radio of some sort on the side. I was looking at a few images online and just worked with what I thought looked cool.

I like the general shape here, but I do plan on adding some more. Possibly some switches or cables.

Here's the back of the pack. The bottom is at an angle. I liked how the paint can tops looked upside down, so I used some as secondary propulsion.

And here's the front of the back. I haven't messed with mounting it at all. I'm still waiting on my vest and I need to make a new, thicker, back plate.

I'll keep adding some accessories to it but I'd like some feedback. I'm pretty much just winging ideas around at this point. It's about shoulder width for me and half of my back, like a less bulky Republic Commando backpack coverage wise.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: A sniper's backpack WIP
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2016, 12:15 PM »
that is pretty great.  nice work!

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

paradoxdj

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2016, 12:18 PM »
Looking good so far! Keep it up.

stinkylinkz

• Back at it again!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2016, 05:34 PM »
that is pretty great.  nice work!

Thanks! There were quite a few failed iterations prior to this version. There were some things I wanted to add and didn't work out. Hopefully I can add some more things I was trying to incorporate.

Looking good so far! Keep it up.

Thanks! More work to come this weekend most likely. I don't have much time in the evening and the next steps are all sealing/sanding/priming etc.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2016, 01:29 AM »
Looking good!

QMU#084

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2016, 10:35 PM »
I like the way this is going!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Dar'manda

• "I go in first so you dont have to"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2016, 12:14 AM »
Amazing work on the pack!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2016, 08:36 PM »
Making any progress on this?  I'm gathering bits and bobs for a communications pack myself, and father inspiration from what others have done.

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46

Sorokhan

• "Gal, ori'skraan, riduur, yaim' dab'ika."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:20 PM »
Really love your pack vod, think I will take inspiration for mine

Runi Prudiise

• Chaab Purdiise val naumiit kyr'am
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 07:24 PM »
i really like this design. it gives me real Gundam Vibes on it i may have to snag some design ideas from you for mine.

She/her they/them QMU 093

Chaab Purdiise val naumiit kyr'am.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!