Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

9 volt battery container

• 7 Replies

Daxar Arkada

• Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
9 volt battery container
« on: Nov 14, 2016, 08:12 PM »
Hey Vods

Any good ideas on something that can be attached to the inside of a bucket that can hold a 9 volt battery in place? I can always cover the battery in velcro, but thats a lot of velcro to keep throwing away eventually.....

Thanks!

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: 9 volt battery container
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2016, 09:43 PM »
just google for "9v battery holder"  there are many many different designs unless I'm missing the question here..

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2016, 10:05 PM »
Yup.  What are the dimensions of the board?   I'd say look for something like this:  http://www.boxenclosures.com/category/product_details.html?product__id=258655

Search term for it is "9v battery project enclosure" and you can find them in all sorts of sizes, depending on how big the board is.  that will fit the board and the battery in one little box.  If that ends up being too big or you want them separate so one can be in the belt pouch or something, just google the dimensions and "project enclosure"  like "4x9 project enclosure" or something like that.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2017, 07:45 PM »
You could also probably use an altoids tin. Just use electrical tape or something similar on the inside to make sure it's insulated. This would be really good for wire management.

Moffmade

• Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2017, 01:01 PM »
If you don't need a lot of access to the board once installed, you can put heatshrink tubing over the entire thing to protect it from sweat/hair and hotglue it in place

Goran Cerar - Kar'ta Beskar Clan OM# 1796
S.P.A.R.C.K #18
M.A.J.I.C #167
B.E.A.R.D.S. #153

WIP Thread:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=125819
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2017, 01:09 PM »
you can put heatshrink tubing over the entire thing

Depending on the board, this might cause it to overheat.

Moffmade

• Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2017, 01:42 PM »
Depending on the board, this might cause it to overheat.

That's true, but if its a small solid state circuit inside the bucket heat may not be a big issue. If it is an amp or a power board, shy away from the tubing.

Goran Cerar - Kar'ta Beskar Clan OM# 1796
S.P.A.R.C.K #18
M.A.J.I.C #167
B.E.A.R.D.S. #153

WIP Thread:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=125819

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!