Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP

• 6 Replies
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP
« on: Nov 16, 2016, 10:27 PM »
So, I should have done this a long, long time ago, but we should all just be quiet and be happy I'm doing it now. Clearly.

Basically, my kit is currently half done but in giant disarray, so here's some pictures of where it is currently, and we'll go from there.

Armor pieces, lounging on the couch! I'll be hopefully forming a new backplate in the next week or two, as my current one is.. ambitious and probably better saved as an upgrade.

My chestplates are still in the pointy Madonna/Tankgirl stage, and need a lot of sanding and bondo:

My poor bucket got heat-warped, so I'm slowly trying to heat-warp it back. I don't mind if it doesn't come out perfect, so long as it's reasonably close and approvable. Battle damage, right?!

For hard-parts:
*Schnees are partly formed, but I also have perfectly fine 3mm Sintra shins, and could just go shins/knees if I can make it all work comfortably. Schees are pretty, though!
*Bootplates are.. somewhere. Cod is probably with them.
*Gauntlets need to be made
*Chestplates finished
*Backplate sorted
*Bondo over the chicago screws?
*REPAINT EVERYTHING

For Soft-parts:
*Find Flight Suit (it's somewhere, I swear)
*Get a few Rare Earth Magnets, since a few of the chicago screws aren't aligned properly between plates and flak vest, and punching new grommets won't work.
*Pouches/gunbelt
*Cod/Thighs strapping
*Kama
*Cape?!
*Possibly just make a new flakvest, as mine isn't the best fit, and the grommet issue.

For Weapons:
*EVERYTHING

Also, a big shout out to GardenGeek and Tylek Ren for all their help, as well as Zoph and Gnar for their feedback, encouragement/threats and 'ideas for after OM'.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
Re: WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2016, 10:39 PM »
This pleases me, do continue 8)

Looks like you copied the scale paint technique by CamBedore?

Zoph and Gnar...encouragement/threats and 'ideas for after OM'.

I snickered because I got this from them, too :P

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2016, 10:53 PM »
I sure did! It's a beautiful technique, that I'll probably still use in the repaint.

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2016, 11:01 PM »
Not going to lie- your flight suit is under my ad'ika's bed.

« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2016, 11:04 PM »
That one might be flightsuit 2.0, to be done with Backplate 2.0. I have a black-scrubs flightsuit around here somewhere. hahah

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2016, 10:14 AM »
Sounds like you've made some great progress so far!! I'll be following your build for sure. If there's ever anything I can do to help, please let me know. :)

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2016, 11:04 PM »
Great to see the  wip finally posted :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!