Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

mando TCW blaster WIP (FIRST!)

• 3 Replies
mando TCW blaster WIP (FIRST!)
« on: Jan 26, 2017, 01:26 PM »
hullo vode!

This will be my first blaster (or blasters, i have to see how the first one comes out!) and the first thing I'm building for my kit, though I'm still waiting for some aluminum stock for the lathe to get a good barrel... waiting, waiting, and waiting some more! anyway here's my design for the laser! i have looked at a few different designs and decided that i like TCW version blasters (like the Death Watch and Sabine Wren use)

the main body
(the farthest right is actually slightly different with a trigger!)

the detail and the grips

each square is one inch which gives a relative size. ill get photos when its finished!

"If it has blood, you can make it bleed. If it has eyes, you can blind it. If it has a mouth, you can make it scream…"
Re: mando TCW blaster WIP (FIRST!)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2017, 02:51 PM »
There are a few templates out there for these, depending on what you are planning. Thingiverse has a bunch of 3d printable models available and I could have sworn I've seen some 2d templates for wood/Sinatra as well. Good luck on the build though

Ronan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2017, 05:26 PM »
I think I have posted up my laser cutable templates somewhere.  If not, I can send you a copy.  It uses various widths of wood.

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2017, 11:05 AM »
I have them already printed, I just need to load the pics. Though I havent got much past that, the pieces are sitting clamped in a vise for when I get some time to glue it, I used .25in for the body and .125in for the grips and detail plates, though I think I'm going to modify the plates a little and reprint them. :)

"If it has blood, you can make it bleed. If it has eyes, you can blind it. If it has a mouth, you can make it scream…"

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!