Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kaitryn's WIP

• 18 Replies

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Most invasions trooped in 2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Weapons
Re: Kaitryn's WIP
« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2016, 12:48 AM »
Segmented backplates I think can go either way (At least I've seen approved kits done both ways) but it is easiest to overlap.

As far as the segmented collar plates go, if you overlap them so they look like a solid piece but give you more movement you could probably do it that way, but other wise you should give them a little gap between them.

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2016, 05:04 PM »
knitted girth belt... genius.

« Reply #17 on: Jan 09, 2017, 12:49 PM »
I've been busy with this build the last few weeks.
Knees have been cut and formed. They seemed a bit flimsy so I added a strip along the inside top. I wanted to add a bit of bulk to them so there are diamonds on the outside. They need some putty along the top and will be ready for paint. Cod has been cut and shaped although I think it may need some trimming width-wise. It seems a bit wide.

Gauntlets are in the works. They are one piece, to slip over the hands. I wanted something in between plain and bulky. I'm pleased with what I've done with them. One is ready for paint and the other needs everything glued down. They also need putty before painting.

The helmet has also been worked on. Bondo has been applied and sanded down (thank you my friend. You know who you are). The tee has been cut out except for one strip that was left for stability and strength. Don't know if it is necessary but it has made me feel better while cutting holes for key slot and ear caps. Key slot and skinny ear caps have been glued on. The ear caps have holes in them for added ventilation. I was successful at putting mirror film over a piece of blue tinted plastic. Hopefully the application of that onto the clear visor will be as successful. The helmet also needs putty and sanding before paint.

If I get busy with putty and sanding, I may be able to paint at the end of the week. Weather will be in the 70's for a few days before the next cold front moves in. We'll see!

Linca Snow

• winter warrior
« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2017, 06:13 PM »
As someone still fairly new myself I can't give too much advice, but wow you have been busy. That helmet is looking great. Also, as someone also making white armour I shall be watching your paint job with keen interest! Keep up the great work.

Snow's first armour build
"Kote Bal Tal, for Honour and Blood."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!