Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP: Duchess Satine-Inspired FemMando

• 25 Replies

maddiekayray

• #BLESS'ULIIK
Re: WIP: Duchess Satine-Inspired FemMando
« Reply #15 on: Dec 26, 2016, 01:30 AM »
I'm really excited about this build and if you need any design help please let me know!

😱😱😱

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ you're just my hero, no big deal!

Bless you, I have SO MANY questions and would love your input. I'm glad Dave and I had similar ideas, and bless you for these pics.

« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2017, 07:26 PM by maddiekayray » Logged

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago
« Reply #16 on: Dec 26, 2016, 03:46 AM »
I love this idea!  I have got to see how this turns out.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Hik'aari

• Nickaari
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Weapons Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Dec 26, 2016, 05:48 AM »
Commenting to follow. Those designs are beautiful and I am interested to know how this progresses

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago
« Reply #18 on: Dec 28, 2016, 04:08 PM »
Can't wait to see where this goes :)

« Reply #19 on: Jan 06, 2017, 12:13 AM »
Very nice draft.  Did you happen to see the armor Sabine's mother wears?  It's Mando but distinctly feminine as well.  My provide some additional inspiration.  See her at 1:42 - https://youtu.be/rWTKxDw675w

Sabine Season 3 build for my Merc baby-girl...
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=125869.0

maddiekayray

• #BLESS'ULIIK
« Reply #20 on: Jan 06, 2017, 03:41 PM »
Hello all! Just popping in to say the holidays are very busy, but I'm currently figuring out how to sew dri-fit fabric without ripping it up. Someone said nylon and a loose stitch; anyone have experience here?

I plan on cranking out a flak vest before or during the next clan armor party in a week, and beginning the plate build! Gonna use the packing tape to body mold to pattern cut out to fiberglass technique for my chest piece, and sintra/pipe the rest of the plates. Hope everyone's holidays have been nice! I'm currently snowed in at my Ver'alor's, shaping and sanding the soon-to-be Sabine Westars I made last night. (I look very ill because I'm presently dying of the cold and latent Christmas tree allergies...)

Definitely gonna make one for my Mando, too. I love these things.

Fashwiing

• Sal'yc "Beefy McKnifeface" Sarad
« Reply #21 on: Jan 07, 2017, 07:26 PM »
If dri-fit is anything like I recall it being, you'll probably want to invest in a walking foot for your machine. I recommend having one on hand regardless of what you're trying to sew, but that's just me being prepared lol :P

Dri-fit tends to pull apart because the feed dogs of the machine pull it under the presser foot but it's just loose enough of a weave that the presser foot prevents it from moving with the feed dogs (thus, it stretches and pulls apart). The walking foot grabs the fabric and feeds it into the machine at a constant rate, so nothing has a chance to pull and fray etc. See if you can find one made specifically by the manufacturer of your machine (Brother, Janome, Singer, Husqvarna etc) and stay away from generics. They're a worthwhile investment.

As for sewing the stuff, you can't go wrong with a small zigzag stitch (stitch width and length of about 2mm, if your machine measures stitch size in mm). The zigzag will allow it to stretch without popping, and I recommend going over the seams twice for reinforcement.

Today is a good day for someone else to die.

Build thread

MMCC #1725, Mandalolita #20, MVS #47, MARS #50

Den Barren

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Jan 08, 2017, 03:13 PM »
I just now realized that you're clan Bessy!! Are you coming to the armor party this month?

maddiekayray

• #BLESS'ULIIK
« Reply #23 on: Jan 10, 2017, 07:25 PM »
I just now realized that you're clan Bessy!! Are you coming to the armor party this month?

You betcha! I'll be getting my other build ready for painting!

Den Barren

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Jan 10, 2017, 07:30 PM »
You betcha! I'll be getting my other build ready for painting!

Nice! I'll see you at the party!

« Reply #25 on: Jan 10, 2017, 09:54 PM »
Very interested to see how you bring this alive!

Ne shab'rud'ni - "Don't mess with me"

Cavious kit WIP

Cabur Akaata #86
Oribru Akaata #18

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!