Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kayl'ana's First kit - Sabine (most likely) S4 WIP

• 16 Replies

AliyaJ

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Kayl'ana's First kit - Sabine (most likely) S4 WIP
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2018, 06:25 PM »
I think AliyaJ has painted parts in acrylic. I think as long as you clear coat everything, it should be good.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=133188.msg1734206#msg1734206

True story. The only spray I use is silver for the base. Every other color I mix with acrylic paints (I can never get the colors for sprays the way I want) . Definitely do spray metallic silver underneath should the acrylic chip off (it will) and clear coat.

But to answer our question yes! All 4 of mine were approved and are all 100% brush painted. Do pm me if you have trouble with brush lines, but for the most part the more layers you have, the less noticeable the brush strokes become. Brush painting is also nice, because you don't waste a ton of time taping everything off. :)

Katt

Re: Kayl'ana's First kit - Sabine (most likely) S4 WIP
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2018, 08:48 PM »
Love the research :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!