Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sabine Wren (S2)

• 66 Replies

Padm Thano

• #946 || "Pandalorian" || Spectre5
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Sabine Wren (S2)
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2017, 02:57 PM »
The wig color is beautiful! :)
Literally my favorite part about Sabine is her hair.

I contemplated dyeing my own hair to match (it would not be the craziest colors I've done) but I figure I'll save that for big events, like Celebration, and use a wig for smaller events. But I love Sabine's hair just because it's always fun colors and changes so often; much like my own :)

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2017, 03:46 PM »
Muahaha this is gonna be so awesome.  8)

Padm Thano

• Awards 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #17 on: Jan 09, 2017, 08:39 AM »
So mini update; found what may be perfect gloves. They are 15" from finger to end/wrist, and 15" ends about 2-3 inches below my elbow so I think they'll work out. We shall see when they come in on the 14th.

Did a little work on my helmet as well; trimmed the bottom and cut out the visor and cleaned up the seam line

And i've had my boots, but I guess I should post a picture of them. The plan is to pull that opening as closed as possible (dang calves, can't close it all the way) and put some black elastic in whatever opening is left to help them stay closed. The straps are all cut off now, just gluing the slits closed from where I pulled them off.

Originally was printing blasters by LToy Creations from Thingiverse, but they weren't exactly right (& were also HUGE). Found another file that is correct and have finally got the sizing right to print them at 11". When laid against my hip they hang in the same area as Sabine's. Went with 11" based on a suggestion from Eitanya and they came out a good size, so I've learned to just listen to her :p

« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2017, 08:49 AM by Padm Thano » Logged

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2017, 11:52 AM »
Good luck with your boot situation! Your helmet looks great. I've never cut my own visor before - any advice about cleaning the edges after cutting them with a dremel?

Padm Thano

« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2017, 11:59 AM »
Good luck with your boot situation! Your helmet looks great. I've never cut my own visor before - any advice about cleaning the edges after cutting them with a dremel?

a mix of sandpaper and a file were used. the file was used in the tighter areas to get it closer to the edge and then sandpaper was used for refining. the corners were done with sorcery by Dirgha'tus, he used a drill to help get into the tight areas and i couldn't watch because it made me anxious. if i can get him to chime in on here he can give you the rundown on how the visor was done. i did some of the filing (as i'd done it with my Stalker helmet) but he did most of the work on it. he is great with helmets.

« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2017, 12:03 PM by Padm Thano » Logged

DragonTrooper

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #20 on: Jan 09, 2017, 12:50 PM »
As Padm described, it is a tedious process to do it carefully so not to damage the helmet.

The first thing I do is cut the bulk visor area out with a Dremel cutting wheel. I stay about 1/4 to an 1/8 inch away from the cut line to avoid Dremel cuts into the finished material. Then I go back with the Dremel using a sanding bit to get as close as I feel comfortable to take more extra material off. I typically avoid the corners in all this because it is far too thin to try to make a Dremel cut. For this I use a small drill bit to drill several holes in that area, then I go back in with small files and connect the holes by sanding the material out. Once all that excess material is gone I use a mixture of sandpaper and filing to work the material down to the final desired cut lines, then wet sand it finish it off smoothly.

I hope this helps.

Dirgha'tus (LongShot) / Jango Fett - AOTC

Padm Thano

« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2017, 03:32 PM »
the wig came in! i did a quick test fit/makeup trial once it arrived. i didn't bother to tuck my real hair in well, so there's some blonde coming from the back & the sides...ignore it ;)

i need to dye the roots still and style it but i'm happy with the color.

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #22 on: Jan 13, 2017, 04:03 PM »
Nice! :D

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #23 on: Jan 13, 2017, 04:20 PM »
Awesome!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

AliyaJ

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #24 on: Jan 14, 2017, 09:26 PM »
OH SNAP! I love that wig color! It totally captures that minty green at the ends! I just might have to get one... AWESOME! If you ever want to look at my collection of refs you can. Season 2 has the weirdest colors of them all. The one knee threw me the most.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/51701079@N06/albums/72157660725840718

Loving the progress!

I might upgrade to Darman's belt once I save up for it a bit more. :)

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #25 on: Jan 15, 2017, 02:18 AM »
That hair is so cute! I can't wait to see it once it's dyed!

Padm Thano

« Reply #26 on: Jan 15, 2017, 03:59 PM »
OH SNAP! I love that wig color! It totally captures that minty green at the ends! I just might have to get one... AWESOME! If you ever want to look at my collection of refs you can. Season 2 has the weirdest colors of them all. The one knee threw me the most.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/51701079@N06/albums/72157660725840718

Loving the progress!

I might upgrade to Darman's belt once I save up for it a bit more. :)

Ahhhhh! Thank you for giving me that link! I've got quite a few reference images on my Drive but these are awesome and it does not hurt to have more <3

I really love the color of the wig, it's fantastic. I got a sample of the teal I originally wanted, and I am so glad I didn't buy it. It's way too blue. The Emerald Green has more of that aqua shade, pictures don't do it justice. It's so floofy though, I gotta tame it a little :p

AliyaJ

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #27 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Ahhhhh! Thank you for giving me that link! I've got quite a few reference images on my Drive but these are awesome and it does not hurt to have more <3

I really love the color of the wig, it's fantastic. I got a sample of the teal I originally wanted, and I am so glad I didn't buy it. It's way too blue. The Emerald Green has more of that aqua shade, pictures don't do it justice. It's so floofy though, I gotta tame it a little :p

Haha I bought one! Hopefully this time I'll remember to take pictures to add to my WIP. XD It really is one of the best parts of season 2! That and the orange color. :D

Padm Thano

« Reply #28 on: Jan 23, 2017, 07:56 PM »
gloves are in!

also started working on the sprayer & guns & comm. gotta do some cleanup on the prints to remove the lines, but it's all coming along. next up will be cutting dowels for my leg flares :)

AliyaJ

« Reply #29 on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:06 PM »
Sweetness! :D The gloves look pretty fitted. Any plans to give them a little more flare at the end?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!