Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sabine Wren (S2)

• 66 Replies

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Sabine Wren (S2)
« Reply #25 on: Jan 15, 2017, 02:18 AM »
That hair is so cute! I can't wait to see it once it's dyed!

Padm Thano

• #946 || "Pandalorian" || Spectre5
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #26 on: Jan 15, 2017, 03:59 PM »
OH SNAP! I love that wig color! It totally captures that minty green at the ends! I just might have to get one... AWESOME! If you ever want to look at my collection of refs you can. Season 2 has the weirdest colors of them all. The one knee threw me the most.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/51701079@N06/albums/72157660725840718

Loving the progress!

I might upgrade to Darman's belt once I save up for it a bit more. :)

Ahhhhh! Thank you for giving me that link! I've got quite a few reference images on my Drive but these are awesome and it does not hurt to have more <3

I really love the color of the wig, it's fantastic. I got a sample of the teal I originally wanted, and I am so glad I didn't buy it. It's way too blue. The Emerald Green has more of that aqua shade, pictures don't do it justice. It's so floofy though, I gotta tame it a little :p

AliyaJ

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #27 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Ahhhhh! Thank you for giving me that link! I've got quite a few reference images on my Drive but these are awesome and it does not hurt to have more <3

I really love the color of the wig, it's fantastic. I got a sample of the teal I originally wanted, and I am so glad I didn't buy it. It's way too blue. The Emerald Green has more of that aqua shade, pictures don't do it justice. It's so floofy though, I gotta tame it a little :p

Haha I bought one! Hopefully this time I'll remember to take pictures to add to my WIP. XD It really is one of the best parts of season 2! That and the orange color. :D

Padm Thano

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #28 on: Jan 23, 2017, 07:56 PM »
gloves are in!

also started working on the sprayer & guns & comm. gotta do some cleanup on the prints to remove the lines, but it's all coming along. next up will be cutting dowels for my leg flares :)

AliyaJ

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #29 on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:06 PM »
Sweetness! :D The gloves look pretty fitted. Any plans to give them a little more flare at the end?

Padm Thano

« Reply #30 on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:21 PM »
Sweetness! :D The gloves look pretty fitted. Any plans to give them a little more flare at the end?

i'm not sure i can flare these as they're vintage leather and i'm afraid of messing them up. they looked flared in the pictures, so i was a little upset when they came in & weren't.
any suggestions on how i can give them a little more width at the top? i'm not the best with sewing (by not the best i mean we're lucky if i can sew a straight line :p )

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2017, 09:29 PM by Padm Thano » Logged

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #31 on: Jan 24, 2017, 12:47 AM »
If they're actual leather, you can try stretching them out a little bit at the top. Find something that's wide enough and wedge the end of the glove over it and just leave it for a day or two. Depending on the leather it might stretch out a bit.

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Padm Thano

« Reply #32 on: Jan 24, 2017, 01:01 PM »
If they're actual leather, you can try stretching them out a little bit at the top. Find something that's wide enough and wedge the end of the glove over it and just leave it for a day or two. Depending on the leather it might stretch out a bit.

hmmm, i'll have to check if they're stretchable. thanks for the tip :)

AliyaJ

« Reply #33 on: Jan 24, 2017, 11:57 PM »

any suggestions on how i can give them a little more width at the top? i'm not the best with sewing (by not the best i mean we're lucky if i can sew a straight line :p )

Hmmm, mine were really fitted when I got them, But they were also about 2" too long. I used the extra length and put godets in the side seams. If you don't have the extra length you could probably take them to a fabric store and see if you can match the fabric. I have a tutorial on RL about how I did mine. But you could always try a few of the other suggestions first! :)

Padm Thano

« Reply #34 on: Jan 25, 2017, 12:10 PM »
Currently have a soft cover book rolled up in one glove, I'll give it a few days and see if it does anything for it.

The gloves are really soft, so I can't imagine they wouldn't stretch, but worst case is I do what you said and try to add some width with fabric. I might get lucky and find a good matching fabric at JoAnns, it at least close to matching and I'll do it on the insides so it's less visible

Aria

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #35 on: Jan 26, 2017, 12:08 AM »
...But which book?  ;)

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Padm Thano

« Reply #36 on: Jan 26, 2017, 10:12 AM »
...But which book?  ;)

that one Lena Dunham wrote that i never finished reading because it was awful, and some other young adult dystopian novel that was not quite awful but i also wouldn't recommend it :p

Aria

« Reply #37 on: Jan 27, 2017, 01:16 AM »
Sounds like they got what they deserved then..... :laugh:

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Padm Thano

« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:07 PM »
I don't have any pictures but mini-update;

went over and worked with DarmanProps on my belt over the weekend. Really the only thing left to do is the holsters and dyeing it so it should be done really soon :)

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #39 on: Feb 01, 2017, 04:58 PM »
Woo hoo! Progress!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

AliyaJ

« Reply #40 on: Feb 07, 2017, 09:16 PM »
I don't have any pictures but mini-update;

went over and worked with DarmanProps on my belt over the weekend. Really the only thing left to do is the holsters and dyeing it so it should be done really soon :)

OOOOO!!! :D I'm very excited! Congratulations on making it this far so fast!

Padm Thano

« Reply #41 on: Feb 27, 2017, 12:54 PM »
sorry for the lack of update, but i was busy getting married & whatnot ;)

i took a picture of the belts now that they're done. we did have to end up remaking one belt since it was too dark, but as you can see it's all good now. what's left is the holsters around her legs & the leatherwork will be done :)

Sabine

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #42 on: Feb 27, 2017, 01:38 PM »
They turned out great!

Sabine Wren S2

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC#1593 || M5#71 || NOS#9 || 96 OM Invasions

Padm Thano

« Reply #43 on: Mar 19, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Hit a snafu with my gloves & now i don't know what to do. Despite the books being in them for almost two months, and even stuffing more stuff in there to add pressure, they won't stretch. They did a smidge but not really enough. I went to Jo-anns and got a close fabric, but i'm not comfortable taking them apart to try and put an insert in there. i'm worried i'll mess them up beyond repair. so i'm stuck and floundering on what to do.

my blasters decided they hated the XTC3D we put on them, so we're trying to work with them some before we decide if i need to print new ones or if these are salvageable. fingers crossed they're workable.

i'm still pushing for this to be done for Celebration, but i'm not sure now   :(

Sabine

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #44 on: Mar 20, 2017, 08:26 AM »
My blasters had the same problem! I eventually got them smoothed with spot putty and a lot of filler primer.

Sabine Wren S2

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC#1593 || M5#71 || NOS#9 || 96 OM Invasions

Padm Thano

« Reply #45 on: Mar 20, 2017, 09:46 AM »
My blasters had the same problem! I eventually got them smoothed with spot putty and a lot of filler primer.

yep, that's exactly what we are doing with them! haha. glad to see i'm not the only one with that problem. filler primer is a god send

Aria

« Reply #46 on: Mar 20, 2017, 11:14 AM »
Do the gloves have vintage seem lines down either side of the palm and wrist? Like, are the stop and bottom two pieces, or just one big piece that was wrapped around?

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Padm Thano

« Reply #47 on: Mar 20, 2017, 02:05 PM »
Do the gloves have vintage seem lines down either side of the palm and wrist? Like, are the stop and bottom two pieces, or just one big piece that was wrapped around?

The seam is only on the outside, there's not one on the inside. It's also very tiny. I'll flip them inside out tonight and snap a picture. I'm not very good with sewing, so please excuse my ignorance at knowing seams and stuff >.<

Aria

« Reply #48 on: Mar 21, 2017, 12:53 AM »
It's ok! Sewing takes a lot of practice!  (I have too much  :P )

Just get some good photos for me and I'll see if I can help you figure out what to do/walk you through it.

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Padm Thano

« Reply #49 on: Mar 21, 2017, 12:19 PM »
flipped the top part inside out for close-ups;

and here's one of the glove on. turned my arm to the side awkwardly for a picture :p

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!