Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP RedStars (Modified) helmet and my kit. (PIC Heavy)

• 0 Replies

Sicarius MorTem

• If at first you dont succeed apply excessive force
Updated 03.25.2019
After long hiatus I'm back to making this thing a reality. Here's some progress pics. Shoulder bells and Pauldron are nearly finished. Mainly just need more painting done. Battle damage/wear/tear..ect.
(have a ton of fitting adjustments left and still seeing what Era my helmet is placed in. Waiting on official word. More to come!

Pauldron:

(end update)

Updated 4/27/2017
Okay. So, I decided to stay with the original concept that I got approved. Only thing that has changed is that I put a screen in my gauntlet. I was originally going to put trauma plates on it and call it a day. However, now that the display is there they would be in the way. So, I decided to make the trauma plated slide open and close to reveal the display.

Also! if it looks "big and bulky" the pictures of it by itself don't do it justice. So, threw in a couple with it on both open and closed so you can see it in proportion to my body. My bicep and my pauldron will also have the same style trauma plates going up that fit the same aesthetic originally approved in my first concept (bottom of post).

(End update)

Updated 4/26/2017
Was able to make a gauntlet the other day. check it out! Also, made a few graphic videos to be displayed on the screen from scratch. Never done graphic design before. But, that's my take on it lol Are there any references on whats displayed on a Mandalorian's gauntlet?

(First Video)

(Second Video)

3D printed gauntlet

Google Nexus 6

Made a template

Cut it out using dremel and heat knife

Seated phone

built frame

Used dremel to make charging possible from underneath the gauntlet

Bondo

Couple hours of sanding

Paint

(END UPDATE)

Updated 4/4/2017
Been a while since I've worked on it. But, progress is here!
Bucket has been coated in resin, primer and got my metallic base for "battle damage". Starting to shoot paint as of today. 

Also, was able to get most armour pieces cut out, molded, drilled and snapped.

More to come!

End Update 4/4/2017

Updated 5/15/2016
Dark grey leather vest. Also, got to commission a 3D print of RedStars helmet "Modified". Huge shoutout to Fitz for all the help on the vest and for the 3D printing. :)

End update
 :blank:
 :-\Updated 4/26/2016
Final concept

(End of update)

Hey, everyone!
I was wondering what anyone thinks about my concept for this chest piece and if you think it would get approval?
I pulled my concept directly from Galaxies Mando armor.

Thanks in advance :)

« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2019, 01:14 PM by Sicarius MorTem » Logged
"You went over my helmet?"  -Dark Helmet

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!