Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Custom Legacy Armor Concept

• 6 Replies
Custom Legacy Armor Concept
« on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:59 AM »
Hey guys, I was making Drakes Legacy armor, but I decided I wanted to do my own armor.
My plan is to do under-the-arm chest plates like this

And also have the chest piece and collar one piece like the Storm/Clone Troopers.

And can I have armor pieces, like how the Clone troopers, enclose my limbs?
I'll do my own so they don't look exactly like clone armor pieces.
Would this all be allowed in a Legacy kit?

« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2017, 10:33 AM by Nepune IIX » Logged
Re: Custom Legacy Armor Concept
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2017, 04:56 PM »
I recently came across Mcquarrie fett's armor and it looks near exactly what I want. I found Zekk Voss' Mcquarrie adaptation and Skeltis' ab armor.
I combined the two and thought they went great together. So here's what it looks like.

I will add another ab plate that looks more like a finisher piece once I get that piece worked out.

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2017, 04:59 PM by Nepune IIX » Logged

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2017, 05:13 PM »
Looks interesting.  Looking forward to watching this

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2017, 07:39 AM »
With how low the chest plate will need to go to properly hook under the arm you likely wont need more then 3 ab lames - when you make up templates make sure to add a cod plate and mark off at least 3-4 inches for your girth belt, that will help with letting you know where the plating needs to stop.. The only suggestion I'd make is splitting the chest and collar - even if you attach them together into one rigid piece but letting them keep the same layered look that the chest to ab has.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2017, 10:16 AM »
Thanks Kris. I'm not quite sure on how to make templates, is there an easy way to do it or do I have to draw it somehow?

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2017, 11:27 AM »
http://mandalorianmercs.org/get-involved/costume-templates/ Is the template page, or you can draw your own out. Depending on your body shape you may find one type seems to be shaped more to your frame, or you may have to trim down an existing set to fit.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2017, 03:35 PM »
Alrighty, I found a blank Mandalorian and put my armor and a executioner style helmet on it.
Let me know what you think of the armor and what I should do to it.
For the helmet I really don't like the nose but I have to have the 1/3 rule for it to be approved.
So if anyone has any ideas of what to add so it can be approved I will gladly accept it.
Also, how is the vision in a executioner helmet?

« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2017, 09:22 AM by Nepune IIX » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!