Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vest material

• 8 Replies
Vest material
« on: Jan 20, 2017, 08:47 PM »
Su cuy'gar, Im looking for some advice on material for a vest, Ive found some prety nice maroon vinyl fake alligator fabric on special, no coloured patterns, just textured like what I'd imagine Trandoshan hide would be like, would this be approved fabric for making a vest from? Vor'e

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Vest material
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2017, 09:00 PM »
That should be fine, vod, but you'll want a member of the App Team to chime in to be sure.  And they'll more than likely want a picture just to be sure.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2017, 03:14 AM »
As Havelock has said you will most certainly want to get a photo of it online. Textures like that can be funny depending on how they have been printed if it *could* look Transdoshan or if it is obviously croc. Sounds like an intriguing combo though

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2017, 06:09 PM »
I'll third the request for a photograph.
Vinyls are often shiny and more fake looking and these are usually a no go for animal patterning. If you can find dulled down more realistic hide patterning then they are usually much better. I will however reserve judgement until I've seen the exact consistency and shine of this one as even vinyls vary.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2017, 03:11 PM »
I've only seen it through Amazon at the momenthttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51CmJlh1zRL.jpg, it seems to be aimed at upholstery, was wondering if it would be alright to scuff it up a bit and black wash it if it was a bit too shiny. Also would it be any use for utility belt pouches and the like?

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Looks on the more dulled down side so you may have a winner there. That one looks a little red, but a browner version of that should be good.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2017, 08:51 PM »
A good brown wash should help with that.   :)

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2017, 09:16 PM »
Vor'e, par Gaa'tayl! Now to hit my sister up for sewing machine time.

Havelock

« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2017, 12:51 AM »
Bribe her with her favorite snack foods.   :P

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!