Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Weather a black vest

• 5 Replies

Aden Banto

• Out of my entire arsenal, fear is my best weapon.
Weather a black vest
« on: Jan 22, 2017, 01:57 AM »
Hi vod,

Curious to what would be the best way to weather my black vest? I'm not liking how it sticks out from not being weathered like my plates.
Any help welcome :)

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Weather a black vest
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2017, 02:07 AM »
What material is it?

Aden Banto

« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2017, 03:58 AM »
What material is it?

Duck cloth I believe

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2017, 04:05 AM »
Spray paint misting is your best bet. I like to crumple the garment up a bit and mist on grey and then I'll also mist grey on the edges to simulate color fading. Then I like to do a sand brown and a brown similar to burnt umber. I'll mist the darker brown over a large area of the vest concentrating on the areas that will get the most dirty like the underarms, along any seams that could trap dirt, and on the flanks (from wiping dirty hands). I very lightly mist the sand brown on areas that are likely to catch dust and debris like the shoulders. The end result is going to look subtle if you did it right. If it looks like there's paint on the vest, you did it wrong :laugh:

« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2017, 04:57 AM by Ref Al'drann » Logged

Aden Banto

« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2017, 04:15 AM »
Thank you Ref.

Time to go weather  :)

reguillet

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2017, 09:05 AM »
If you want to go the non-toxic route, I took a set of "earth colored" pastels and sanded them over my black vest. Then I mashed the dust into it. You may have to re apply this method from time to time.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!