Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Paint types

• 5 Replies
Paint types
« on: Jan 23, 2017, 05:30 PM »
So I have a bunch of Rustoliam spray paints, but I was hoping someone could recommend some paints that I could use for weathering or painting detail with a paintbrush.

Cheers

Ash

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018
Re: Paint types
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2017, 07:17 PM »
Most people use acrylic paint to weather. Black, browns, and tans are good color's to use for weathering. As for detail painting, I guess it depends on how detailed you want to be. You could use spray paint still if you mask off areas or you could use acrylic for finer details.

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2017, 08:14 PM »
"Testors" modeling paint works well and is available at any local hobby or craft store.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Kruser

• Helmet on. Heart gone.
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:30 PM »
I use cheap acrylic paint for my weathering.  Blacks, brown, tan, burnt sienna for rust.  I've even used artist charcoal.  I'll rub it on sand paper over the area and then smudge it in.  It does great for "carbon scoring".  Then always seal it with a clear coat.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2021, 06:38 AM »
I think you can use spray paint to paint over the details. Just take a solid and thin brush

Celtkhan

• Want some soup?
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2021, 02:43 PM »
Spray paints have a lot of binders in them that will absolutely destroy a paint brush in no time at all (I learned this the hard way). If you’re going to brush on spraypaint, use a disposable brush.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!