Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Prosthetic Help

• 1 Replies
Prosthetic Help
« on: Aug 02, 2017, 09:40 PM »
Hello. I'm working on some prosthetic makeup for a video i'm making. But it's my first time and i'm having some trouble. Since I don't have the resources to make a mold of my face on which to sculpt prosthetic molds I'm using the simpler method of layering latex and tissue paper on my face. Here in lies my main problem. No matter how careful I am the tissue is always going to give the piece a rough and unpleasant look. Is there an alternate material I can use in place of tissue to make a smoother more realistic looking piece? Any advice you can offer would be appreciated.

Also, I should probably mention what I'm making. Basicly I'm trying to extend my eyebrows and chin in a piece for my face. Which also brings to mind. Should I make it a single full face piece to keep everything even or just try blending the separate pieces out?

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2017, 10:41 PM by Oneupgamer » Logged

Jasand

Re: Prosthetic Help
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2017, 01:40 PM »
Depending on how big a change you are trying to create, I would suggest using nose wax (https://www.stagemakeuponline.com/02-NW/Ben-Nye-Nose-and-Scar-Wax-Fair.html) as your base.  It's very sticky, but you should still spirit gum it to your face.  Build it up, smooth it out, then latex on top.

Full face is too much to build on your face, it'll take forever and be heavy and uncomfortable.  But, depending on your makeup and blending skills, you might see the seam line from the piece.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!