Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kalib's sleeve WIP/ hide-a-strap

• 0 Replies

Kalib Vallogo

• Never get between a Mandalorian and a weapons pack
Kalib's sleeve WIP/ hide-a-strap
« on: Jan 28, 2017, 09:54 AM »
Since my pre-app pictures were sent out one of the fixes suggested were my straps on the back of my shin armor. I had ran out of jumpsuit materials when I had to create sleeves for my knee armor straps. So I decided to use the same materials as the cape & boot gaiters. Since the shin armor had 2 straps to cover I decided to make the sleeve into 1 piece. I started out with a piece of cloth the same dimensions as the rear shape of the shin and add an 1 1/2 to the top and bottom of the cloth.

I sewn the sides all the way around to clean up the ends. Then folded the top over 1 1/2 down. The bottom folded over 1 1/2 up and sewn.

place the straps through both sleeves and attach straps to your leg and slide the sleeve over the straps like a curtain.

This keeps both straps hidden and matching to the boot gaiters that are made of the same material making them look like 1 piece once they are put on.

Finally a little weathering and problem solved.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!