Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Refiran Ramikadyc Armour WIP

• 9 Replies
Refiran Ramikadyc Armour WIP
« on: Feb 01, 2017, 09:41 PM »
Greetings Vod,

Decided that now I'm finally moving ahead with this armour build I had better get a WIP thread up so I can get input and hopefully be poked for any issues before they become problematic!

Armour set is the Ramikadyc from TMA:

Flight suit, with a plan to dye grey then tailor to fit correctly:

At this stage I am still sanding the bucket and armour pieces to remove excess from casting/pulling.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC# 1330 & 1330b & TDE#388
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
Re: Refiran Ramikadyc Armour WIP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2017, 11:18 PM »
Decided that now I'm finally moving ahead with this armour build I had better get a WIP thread up so I can get input and hopefully be poked for any issues before they become problematic!

Armour set is the Ramikadyc from TMA:

Excited to see another Late Crusader build.  Feel free to check out my build (located in my signature below) for some ideas as you start your own.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
B.E.A.R.D.S #137
Mando Rider #038
ALUMINATI# 036
MLCS# 026
Mandalorian WIP
OM Troops: 43
Late Crusader 1330b
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2017, 08:41 AM »
If you don't mind my asking, and if you've tried yet, how is the overall fit of the armor? I am heavily leaning toward the ramikadyc for my first armor set but want to make sure that at 6'3" and right at 200lbs, that it will not be too small. I doubt that too large is likely.

Geroya par tal, partayli?

Karl Dha'Werda

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2017, 12:26 PM »
If you don't mind my asking, and if you've tried yet, how is the overall fit of the armor? I am heavily leaning toward the ramikadyc for my first armor set but want to make sure that at 6'3" and right at 200lbs, that it will not be too small. I doubt that too large is likely.

Can't speak for the whole kit (only chest, ab, kidneys, cod, and back piece) but the kit works well for me.  I'm 6'3" 205 lbs.  Here is where my WIP starts with this armour and below is a picture of me for reference.  You have to think that this armour is similar to modern armour where it doesn't really come past your rib cage.

My kit has been approved, so feel free to ask me questions in a message and not take away from Refiran's thread.  Also take note that the Ramikadyc armour is still being reworked and isn't available for sale with TMA right now.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
B.E.A.R.D.S #137
Mando Rider #038
ALUMINATI# 036
MLCS# 026
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader 1330b

Tomar Laval

• Formerly 'Hflagman'
  • I am a total Shiny but I'll learn.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2017, 07:33 PM »
I have the set also and over all it fit me pretty good ( I'm 5'6"  and about 180 lb) .  Can't wait to see your progress Vod.

Good....Bad.....I'm the man with a blaster...

SFMerc

• Cyare Dral
« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2017, 11:03 AM »
That is looking pretty damn cool. I plan to do the same kit. Though I have yet to find a template for this one.

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 08:19 AM »
That is looking pretty damn cool. I plan to do the same kit. Though I have yet to find a template for this one.

There isn't a template for this one.  These plates are made by The Mandalorian Arsenal and currently are unavailable.  There were a couple of casts made and we jumped on them for our LC builds.  See link for details.

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
B.E.A.R.D.S #137
Mando Rider #038
ALUMINATI# 036
MLCS# 026
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader 1330b
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 05:09 AM »
Ok so suit has been dyed, waiting in it to dry. Don't think it'll be the gunmetal/ steel steel grey I was hoping for but that's ok.

Question regarding flack vests- are they allowed to have any embellishments like quilting? My friend who is  helping me put it together was suggesting something like this:

Naran Baatar

• Formerly 'Ghosthammer54'
  • "The Khan"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 11:47 AM »
Yeah, you could do something like that. Shouldn't be an issue so long as it is all the same color.

Also just so you are aware you aren't required to have an armor/flak vest with a Crusader era kit. You can have one if you like but it isn't a required item.

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2017, 08:56 AM »
There isn't a template for this one.  These plates are made by The Mandalorian Arsenal and currently are unavailable.  There were a couple of casts made and we jumped on them for our LC builds.  See link for details.

Necropost.  The Ramikadyc armour is back on the market for sale as of today. You had mentioned you were interested in this armour set and Kebii'tra Verda will work with you if you just want to get bits and pieces of the armour and not the whole set.

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
B.E.A.R.D.S #137
Mando Rider #038
ALUMINATI# 036
MLCS# 026
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader 1330b

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!