Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jodo Kast: Ashen's WIP

• 98 Replies

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Jodo Kast: Ashen's WIP
« Reply #75 on: Apr 23, 2018, 06:50 PM »
So I've been remiss on updating this wip and I'm sorry, been kinda focused on getting my first kit revamped 

But I'm back on Jodo with a bit of an update but unfortunately a few steps back, I recently unpacked my kit to find the paint has cracked across the chest plates, I've surmised that its due to storage and the temperature  of where I kept it, so looking like I will need to repaint them all.
Additionally will be doing the back plate as it doesn't sit right as well  as also paint issues.

Gauntlets were fine if not a little bulky, but a friend of mine has offered to replace them with lighter 3D printed ones, so how could I refuse  ;D
Here is what we have done so far:

Left Gauntlet minus missiles that will be transferred from old gauntlet

Right gauntlet

Source material for the change to right gauntlet

As well as the ones for the change of connectors

And the connectors with piping

I'm planning on using that locate on the nodes protruding from the back of gauntlets, the pipes are silicone lighter and more flexible than braided so shouldn't hinder movement.

Hope everything looks satisfactory and hope to bring progress in next post.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2018, 05:11 PM »
Without any objections I got them printed and taped together

Now back to sanding, filling, repeat  :P

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2018, 08:57 AM »
Man, 3-D printers really are a game changer. Looking awesome

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #79 on: Jun 30, 2018, 04:49 PM »
So, turns out when you add a harness into the equation it really throws out your plates and reshaping seriously blisters the paintwork, so..... scrap collar and back plate, remake and strip back paint off remaining chest plates, this kit seems to want to test me  *sigh*

Without Jet Pack

With jet pack

Harness blocks to cover holes still need to be made and the strapping was adjusted while wearing it and caused gathering around the holes.

I also seem to have developed a lean to the left somehow  :rolleyes:

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #80 on: Jul 01, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Looking good, Ashen.

I'd like to see that jetpack sit a little higher on you. It's sitting super low at the moment.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #81 on: Jul 02, 2018, 02:20 AM »
Looking good, Ashen.

I'd like to see that jetpack sit a little higher on you. It's sitting super low at the moment.

The scaling and position is unfortunately due to my longer than normal body, its fixed at where it is now, I don't have an option to change anything :(

From the pictures I had to work from the jet pack sits approximately level with base of back plate

I have done so and only now found that I'm approximately 1/4 longer in torso than most who have worn this kind of JP  :'(

« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2018, 02:30 AM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #82 on: Jul 29, 2018, 03:55 PM »
Been a while with this RF but we think we got it licked, the original wireless light and servo parts were too bulky and couldn't fit head in with all the tech, so all that had to go and Hik'aari build a more streamlined version  ;D

Here it is before we added the controller into the gauntlet music is there to drown out background noise :

And here it is after, leaning back to balance lid:

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #83 on: Jul 29, 2018, 04:46 PM »
Awesome!!!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

« Reply #84 on: Jul 30, 2018, 03:47 PM »
Nice work vod 👍🏻

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #85 on: Aug 30, 2020, 10:41 AM »
Been a long time and this is the issue I couldn't get over, turns out press studs and magnets were the key.:D

Hopefully from now onward I'm hoping to have some progress now.

Mi'ix

« Reply #86 on: Aug 31, 2020, 09:05 AM »
Beautifully done!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #87 on: Aug 31, 2020, 10:22 AM »

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #88 on: Aug 31, 2020, 12:48 PM »
About time dude!!!! lol but in all seriousness, I am pumped to see more of this build. You have been killing it so far.  :like:

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #89 on: Sep 01, 2020, 04:39 AM »
Nice work mate, good to see a post of progress

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #90 on: Feb 17, 2024, 10:00 AM »
So its been a while and I have reevaluated a fair few bits to bring it into being more accurate in my eyes, so here are the repaints if nothing else.

Gauntlets
Right

Left

Knees

Shoulders

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2024, 10:03 AM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Mi'ix

« Reply #91 on: Feb 17, 2024, 10:24 AM »
Glad to see this WIP up and kicking!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #92 on: Feb 17, 2024, 10:47 AM »
Glad to see this WIP up and kicking!

Thanks, I've been trying to add more but the images are refusing to upload, took your advice on JP positioning and also repainted it.

Also repainting and possibly replacing the helmet as the paint will no longer be used and I wanted a more manufactured look helmet.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #93 on: Feb 17, 2024, 01:07 PM »
Sorry for the multiple posts, I have allot to post and the forum isn't liking it as its from more than one photo sharing site :rolleyes:

Positioning now, taking advice from prior, I looked into raising it higher

Gear layout

Jet Pack

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2024, 03:02 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Khorkhe Ori'tor

• Gent’alor
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #94 on: Feb 18, 2024, 12:52 PM »
Hello Vod:

It's incredible to see you in action again Vod... I already want to see this Jodo Kast finished...

Regards,

Grey Brigade - OT Guard 106

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #95 on: Feb 18, 2024, 03:02 PM »
Hello Vod:

It's incredible to see you in action again Vod... I already want to see this Jodo Kast finished...

Regards,

You and I both, this build started 2017 and been a pain in the shebs to get right  :rolleyes:

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #96 on: Feb 20, 2024, 11:58 AM »
Back at it! Wonderful to see for sure.

I think the height of where your jetpack currently sits looks good. Much improved from where it sat initially. I think any higher might look odd.

Also, great work with the paint and weathering.

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #97 on: Feb 20, 2024, 04:23 PM »
Your work (as always) looks great man! Glad to see you back at this project! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress to come!  :like:

« Reply #98 on: Mar 25, 2024, 01:18 AM »
👌🏻

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!