Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Newbie in Vancouver

• 1 Replies
Newbie in Vancouver
« on: Feb 08, 2017, 03:53 AM »
Hello,

I'm a fellow costumer currently living in Vancouver while my husband works in the VFX industry (It's possible you've heard of his latest project, a little "independent" film about a group of fighters trying to steal some architectural plans)  ;)

I'm looking for some camaraderie and advise.  I'm building a super light-weight kit for my 5y/o daughter to wear to her first SW Celebration in April.  She really wants to dress as Sabine.  Additionally, I'm also making her Rey's grey outfit, but I'm a bit more out of my element with the Sabine kit. We'll be using the store bought mask, as I know there's no way I'll have time to craft a helmet.

I look forward to talking with you all and hopefully maybe even meeting up.  This is the first time in our family's travels that I've been where I know some fellow costumers/cosplayers/crafters are close by and active.

I have some of my previous builds/costumes up on DeviantArt, if anyone is interested in seeing.

--Kathkira

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Newbie in Vancouver
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2017, 01:05 PM »
Hey Kathkira!

Nice to meet you.    If you are free, some of us are meeting up in Olympic Village this Sunday around noon to work on costumes, drop me a PM if you are interested and I'll send you the details.   We try to meet up at least twice a month for "armor parties" where we work on costumes, props, whatever.

You might also want to get in touch with Gardengeek.  She made a Mando for her 2-year-old so might have some pointers on making it kid-friendly.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!