Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Coronae's kit #2

• 14 Replies

Sabine

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Coronae's kit #2
« on: Feb 14, 2017, 11:10 AM »
Hey ladies! I've started work on a new kit recently, because I love my Sabine, but I want to avoid getting her all banged up by wearing her all days at multi day cons. So I'm working on a maroon and gold kit. I'm currently about 70% done with soft parts, and have everything I need for them in my possession. My flight suit is black, flak vest and neck seal are maroon and in progress. Still trying to get the fit on the flak vest quite right, but hoping to get that sorted in the next couple days.

Onto pictures: my focus has been on soft parts so far because Michigan is too cold right now to carve armor, but I do have my basic chest design thanks to Aria. I'm trying out a chest protector to avoid having to dart sintra, but I'm still going to need to add some sintra at the top and bottom to fill in the outer corners and not have weird cut outs.

The big thing I got done is my kama. I really wanted the clan logo on it, since I can't have it on Sabine, and here's the result!

Let me know what you think!

Sabine Wren S2

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC#1593 || M5#71 || NOS#9 || 96 OM Invasions

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Coronae's kit #2
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2017, 11:55 AM »
That's looking really snazzy!  I like it.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2017, 12:35 PM »
Wow that's awesome!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2017, 12:50 AM »
*likes*

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Sabine

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2017, 09:23 AM »
Small update for today! Now that Shutocon is over my new kit is my focus. So tonight I grabbed some time to make my belt. It's made of suede and dyed to match my boots. I'll also be getting a tube of rub n buff to turn the buckle gold in the near future. I'll try and snap some pics of it tomorrow once the dye is done drying. Also in the future, I'll be removing the suede tassel on the back of the boot and replacing with a wookie hair one, and then wrapping the ankles in wookie braids.

Sabine Wren S2

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2017, 10:36 PM »
Looking good, I like the wookie braid wrap idea.

Sabine

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2017, 10:08 PM »
Had a very productive weekend! Got all my plates cut and most of them shaped with the help of Aria and Mi'ix. Now they just need a bit of additional trimming. I think I'll be using a combination of Velcro and snaps to attach. As for my flak vest, I need to install a new zipper, as the bottom fits perfectly but the neck seal is huge. Hoping to get all that done and add some terraflex detail so I can start painting at the armor party next weekend.

Sabine Wren S2

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2017, 08:01 PM »
Great progress!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2017, 09:08 PM »
Indeed!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #9 on: Apr 11, 2017, 07:46 AM »
Nice work. Though I can't help but think that the cod plate is tiny, given that part of it will be covered by belts. Either you'll be showing the crotch of your trousers or the belts will be very low slung...

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Sabine

« Reply #10 on: Apr 24, 2017, 11:05 PM »
Holy progress Batman! Been working hard to attempt a beta test and get some pre app pictures at Midwest media expo this weekend.

First up, soft parts! I've added a flap to conceal the zipper since these were taken, and my shoulder bells will keep the shoulder flaps from being all awkward. I'm also not wearing the correct pants/boots because my original pair food not match in sunlight the way they did in the store. Replacements have since been acquired. Also keep in mind I've gotten better at tying the sash, this was more to get the general look.

Next up, armor!

Still finishing gaunts, weapons, and attachment, but I'm confident I'll be ready for Saturday!

Sabine Wren S2

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2017, 02:41 AM »
EVEN IF THEY CANCEL THE CON ON US??

...oh sorry, I didn't mean to say that out loud...  :laugh:

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Sabine

« Reply #12 on: Apr 28, 2017, 12:40 PM »
Shhh! I don't care if I have to kit up and jog around Mi'ix's block in the rain, it's getting tested! :P

Sabine Wren S2

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #13 on: Apr 28, 2017, 12:56 PM »
Wow! I really love your color scheme. I hope nothing gets canceled and you can have your first troop in your new kit.

Ca'tra Sarad

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 12:14 PM »
Wow, this is stunning! I love everything about it! Beautiful work!

“Hey bounty hunter, when was the last time you brought someone in warm”?..

Brigades Application:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=4

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!