Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ursa Wren

• 77 Replies

Hik'aari Kelborn

• Nickaari
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Weapons Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Ursa Wren
« Reply #60 on: Apr 20, 2017, 01:40 PM »
Locktite makes a product exactly for this. It's not a glue, but a paste and it comes in little red squish tubes. You can probably find it at walmart or a hardware store.

Kits looks great!!

From when I use to maintain RC cars there is "Blue" and "Red" versions. (Seems they now also do Purple).

Purple - Low Strength
Blue - Medium Strength
Red - High Strength

If you ever want to have any hope at getting it apart again use Blue (It will not naturally loosen, requires an intentional force to undo)
If you never want to ever get them undone again then the red one is the way to go. Typically the Red requires heat applied to disassemble it.

|  Hik'aari WIP  |  Akii'su WIP  |  Cat #1319 |
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Spectre One

• Formerly 'Aiden Shan'
  • Caleb Wren
« Reply #61 on: Jul 28, 2017, 10:43 AM »
I found one of your pictures on Instagram, and was hoping I'd be able to find a WIP on the forum, and low and behold, here it is.

Just wanted to stop by and compliment you on your amazing job. Your Kit is looking amazing, really is fantastic! Can't wait to see how your bucket turns out.

I recently got approved with a Clan Wren Custom build so I've been on the look out for fellow Wren'ers. Keep up the amazing work!!!

Clan Wren Custom WIP
MMCC#1857 - Caleb Wren
MMCC# 2YOUNG - A'den Wren (My Mini Mando)
Full time Nerd, Father, and Husband.
Part time Gamer, Cosplayer, Jedi, & Mando

Nia Kad Runi

• Momma Mando
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #62 on: Aug 09, 2017, 04:24 PM »
WOW!  Thank you so much!  I really appreciate that.    ;D  ESPECIALLY from someone who has their own Clan Wren style kit.

I'm clearly not done, but I'm hoping to finish the bucket for DragonCon this September, and get to work on the final details and redos that will really make it ready to submit for approval. 

My WIP - female armor http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=25453

My Ursa Wren build http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=128908.0

501st - Legacy Stormtrooper  
Rebel Legion & 501st - Jawa

EMTS #153
Brigade- Special Ops: Assassin

Tracyn_Buurenaar

• Fire Storm
« Reply #63 on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:15 PM »
Hi there!  Following this thread closely as it will help with my own custom Countess Ursa Wren!

I'm using her as my template but doing a few more customized elements (different colours, blasters etc.)

This is great inspiration!!!

Nia Kad Runi

• Momma Mando
« Reply #64 on: Jan 09, 2018, 08:40 AM »
Thank you very much! 

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to share more detail and/or bounce ideas!
My goal was to finish her before the end of 2017, but life got in the way.   :rolleyes: Hopefully, I'll finish this year and can keep updating my build thread. Do you have a link for your custom countess? I'd love to follow your build, too!

My WIP - female armor http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=25453

EMTS #153

Kebiin Ke'Varek

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #65 on: Jan 09, 2018, 03:51 PM »
I'm quite late to the party, but I just wanted to say how much I adore your kit.  Keep it up! 

Tracyn_Buurenaar

• Fire Storm
« Reply #66 on: Jan 09, 2018, 04:36 PM »
Thank you very much! 

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to share more detail and/or bounce ideas!
My goal was to finish her before the end of 2017, but life got in the way.   :rolleyes: Hopefully, I'll finish this year and can keep updating my build thread. Do you have a link for your custom countess? I'd love to follow your build, too!

Thank you for the offer!  I need to post the pics of the plates and templates we cut out a little while back!  Im attending an AP with my clan this weekend so I should get some more done soon!  Im aiming to have it finished within the month for a Con in March!
My fiance is helping me with the kit as his is finished and he has a few things to do for Brigade (Force Hunter)

I will post my WIP soon!

Nia Kad Runi

• Momma Mando
« Reply #67 on: Jan 12, 2018, 12:51 PM »
I'm quite late to the party, but I just wanted to say how much I adore your kit.  Keep it up!

THANK YOU!  I'm hoping to get back to it shortly.  Every time I commit to sit down and finish the details  . . . life gets in the way.   :rolleyes:  But I'm determined to get there!  I so want to have it approved so I can wear it to the children's hospital!

EMTS #153

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #68 on: Jan 12, 2018, 05:21 PM »
Yeah yeah yeah.  Less talk, more work on your kit!    :P

I can't wait to see this completed.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
WiP | Havelock's Adventures | Invasions - 8

Myra Tiin

• Formerly 'Jorikad'
  • Outer Space Vandal
« Reply #69 on: Jan 13, 2018, 05:33 AM »
Can't wait to see how this is going ! :)

Custom Wren Armor - WIP  -
 Queer Mando Unit #017 - KOVA #002 - EMTS #118

Nia Kad Runi

• Momma Mando
« Reply #70 on: Jan 17, 2018, 03:35 PM »
Yeah yeah yeah.  Less talk, more work on your kit!    :P

I can't wait to see this completed.   ;D

ME EITHER!   :P

Here's where the helmet is now:

And one in color:

See that knob on the ear cap?  that's something I gotta get rid of.  I got some better reference shots and noticed that there's not a knob sticking out, like on Sabine's bucket.  It's flatter, with a circle etched into it.  So . . . gotta go back and fix that.

EMTS #153

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor
« Reply #71 on: Jan 17, 2018, 03:38 PM »
Well get rid of that knob!  A dremel and a hand sander and you'll be right as rain!   :laugh:  Seriously, though, this is looking really nice.  You're doing beautiful work.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Nia Kad Runi

• Momma Mando
« Reply #72 on: Jan 17, 2018, 04:28 PM »
YES SIR! 

First I sliced off as much as I could with the blade cutter then I used a sanding bit to grind it down. . .

So now it looks like this:

It actually turned out better than I'd expected. . . I was worried because the ear caps are integrated into the bucket - "it was poured that way."

See below - there's an indent inside the bucket.  I was scared that shaving the knob off would leave a hole. 

But thankfully, there was enough material there that it's still solid, although eggshell thin - in picture below you can see the light coming through where the knob was.

When the weather warms up, I'm going to make a batch of resin and do a little reinforcing, just to make me less nervous about how thin it is right there. But it's far less of a problem than I'd thought it was going to be.  I'd expected there to be an actual hole that I'd have to patch!

I'll sand it down a little more then etch in the round bits. I think I'm going to sue some rare earth magnets as a guide - as we have some that seem to be the right size for what's shown in the images of her bucket.

Thanks for the motivation, motivat'alor!   :) 

EMTS #153

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor
« Reply #73 on: Jan 17, 2018, 04:45 PM »
Thanks for the motivation, motivat'alor!   :) 

My pleasure!

And gorgeous work.  I'd be nervous about that, too, but it looks like you handled it well.   ;D  Looking forward to seeing more progress.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #74 on: Jan 18, 2018, 10:21 AM »
Commenting to follow.

Looks like some stellar work!

First Kit WIP

Protector Build

ESB Boba Fett

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 39 Official Invasions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!