Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sentry Droid

• 10 Replies
Sentry Droid
« on: Feb 20, 2017, 01:52 PM »
Okay so I have an interesting idea to run by people. The idea is a Sentry Droid, about the size of a fist. It would be shoulder mounted and in best case scenario, it would hardly be seen in photos.

Now the droid would be hollowed out and fitted with my Go-pro.
There is an app to connect Ipods dating back to the 4th gen (so i don't have to spend money on a current gen).
I could attach the ipod to a gaunt, thus being able to "see" through my sentry droid, and possibly to record my time at cons.
I think it would be a good atheistic, and interesting concept to try and pull off.

Not sure if anyone has done this before, or maybe this idea is too dumb for people to think of! Hahaha. Just putting some thoughts out there that float through my head. Thanks!   

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Sentry Droid
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2017, 03:54 PM »
Nice! I recall one of our Vok'Chi folks was sporting a GoPro and mount for some of the time at Celebration and I had considered doing something similar myself, but didn't want to spoil my kit with something that isn't Swarzy. But I like the idea...a lot!

Dammit...that's likely something else I want to build myself now...

Would love to see your progress if you decide to go(pro) for it.

« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2017, 03:56 PM »
Would love to see your progress if you decide to go(pro) for it.

That line kills me. Haha.

I plan to work on it as I make my kit. I could probably get it done in a couple months.
I will return to this post when I do to let you know. :)

rlobrecht

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2017, 04:17 PM »
From the Sniper BRL
Spotter Droid(s) or Recon Droid(s) may be used and are Encouraged in addition to other Optics loadouts, Suggested to Use Armor Color Scheme on Droids as well

Sounds like your idea would fit well.  I love the idea of streaming it to a screen on your gauntlet.

Kotep Dral | Arqet Clan | MMCC #2677 | The OT Guard #63 | B.O.M.B #96

Helmet build - SWJFH-A7R pepakura | Soft parts WIP | Armor WIP | Sniper upgrades
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2017, 12:09 AM »
From the Sniper BRL
Sounds like your idea would fit well.  I love the idea of streaming it to a screen on your gauntlet.

This is actually why I want to do it ;)

Barn

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2017, 04:46 AM »
I think it's a great idea, keen to see how it goes.

LightningLion

• Electronics are my thing
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2017, 02:56 AM »
If you want something small, only for recording, Mobius cameras (and others used in airsoft) are small and decent.

Lion's electronics corner

Rionu Custom Electronics for your Mandos
--->> Sales thread

WIP's: Post-Imperial costume. Nite Owl helmet.

Mundo Airsofter - Airsoft news & reviews

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2017, 03:00 PM »
Also worth looking up the "Xiaomi Yi". I have one and took it on holiday to Croatia with me. Was brilliant, could also connect via wifi to a phone app to see what the camera saw.

May be a cheaper alternative to a GoPro with rival quality to take apart for an experiment.

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2017, 04:16 PM »
Also worth looking up the "Xiaomi Yi". I have one and took it on holiday to Croatia with me. Was brilliant, could also connect via wifi to a phone app to see what the camera saw.

May be a cheaper alternative to a GoPro with rival quality to take apart for an experiment.
If you want something small, only for recording, Mobius cameras (and others used in airsoft) are small and decent.

I already own the Go Pro, and hardly use it, so I wouldn't mind if I had to mod it at all, but thank you nonetheless!

« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2017, 09:11 AM »
Okay so I have an interesting idea to run by people. The idea is a Sentry Droid, about the size of a fist. It would be shoulder mounted and in best case scenario, it would hardly be seen in photos.

Now the droid would be hollowed out and fitted with my Go-pro.
There is an app to connect Ipods dating back to the 4th gen (so i don't have to spend money on a current gen).
I could attach the ipod to a gaunt, thus being able to "see" through my sentry droid, and possibly to record my time at cons.
I think it would be a good atheistic, and interesting concept to try and pull off.

Not sure if anyone has done this before, or maybe this idea is too dumb for people to think of! Hahaha. Just putting some thoughts out there that float through my head. Thanks!
I been thinking of doing the same thing but want to get kit done before trying to make one.thinking of using a fake security camera case.

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Mar 09, 2017, 11:32 AM »
This is a VERY cool idea.  I'll be watching this thread for sure.  8)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!