Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Colour Scheme Help

• 8 Replies

MesamEsam3

• Gar liser viinir al gar shall ramaanar haryc
Colour Scheme Help
« on: Feb 21, 2017, 05:50 AM »
Hey mercs

I am having some issues on what colour boiler suit to use for the soft parts. Can I have some opinions on what you all think works the best?

- Scarlet Red suit with matte black armour
- Navy Blue suit with matte black armour
- Olive green suit with matte black armour

Thanks for all of the help vod  :)

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: Colour Scheme Help
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2017, 10:31 AM »
Guess it depends on how much you want to stand out. Red and Black is a classic combo. Very sinister and you want everyone to know you're there to kick the shebs of every di'kut standing. Navy and black has a night ops sensibility to it. No one should know you're there but they should know what you've done. OD and black is straight up tactical.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Titus Grel

• "A little grit goes a long way"
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2017, 12:35 PM »
I'm personally a fan of black suits, but if you do something a little lighter like grey, olive or whatever they tend to look a bit better with weathering IMO.

weathering a black jumpsuit is a bit of a pain in the shebs...

"Titus Grel"
OM#1150
Urban Assault
ALUMINATI #32
"Full Metal Mandalorian"

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2017, 01:25 AM »
I know this isn't exactly useful but they are all great combinations. I personally like the olive and black plates idea.

Jacyn Snow

• AKA Aran Kerir AKA Jordan Masters
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2017, 02:11 PM »
I'd do OD and black personally, especially because I feel like if I'm the future you decide you want to do a tactical brigade it'd be a lot easier and cheaper to do and the combo would still work with the others.

USMC- Mandeplorable

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2017, 06:16 PM »
I like the green and black combo :) but that's just an opinion, whatever you chose will look good I'm sure

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Tythim Kirrem

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2017, 12:08 AM »
I like the idea of the green and black, only because I've seen a lot more blue and red kits than green ones, as far as soft parts go.

Manda'galaar Clan | OM #1736 |
L.O.B. #0034
#1 approved NME Deathstalker

Berit Haran

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2017, 06:05 AM »
Always a fan of green and black!

Bare Col'Mera

• "BAH-reh"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2017, 12:00 PM »
Whatever you decide, remember how your kit will be seen.  Primarily that is in photos an at public events.  You want something that has nice visual contrast so people can "read" your costume.  The danger of navy blue and black is that the whole ensemble comes across as very dark and people might have a hard time seeing all the hard work you put into your armor.  If you go that route, I would advise finding ways to add light colors or highlights. 

Personally, I think the green would look best, because it naturally lends itself to variations.  different shades of red can clash, but with green they tend to look more like camouflage.  You can have elements that are dark green, light green, pale green, olive, etc.  It adds more visual interest and, as others have said, it is a little less common than red and black.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!