Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Sska Steel Armor

• 20 Replies

Sska

WIP Sska Steel Armor
« on: Feb 25, 2017, 07:49 PM »
Hi,

This is my WIP for my armor

I m actually working on the helmet

« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2017, 11:11 PM by Sska » Logged

Sska

Re: WIP Sska Super Commando
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2017, 08:37 PM »
Most of part of the armor will be in steel 3mm and 5 mm, i will make horns too with steel, screw in the helmet.

Shin Armor 3 mm steel

Cutting

Fixing

Welding

Buffing and cleaning

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2017, 08:52 PM »
It's looking great so far and I'm excited to see a metal death watch kit.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Sska

« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2017, 08:35 PM »
Thanks for your support  Torolf Goran

Now i ve got a pair

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2017, 09:20 PM »
Seeing this makes me realize I need to learn how to weld.

Aden Banto

• Out of my entire arsenal, fear is my best weapon.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2017, 09:31 PM »
Its been a while since I've seen a metal build. Looking good  ;)

Sska

« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2017, 08:53 PM »
Tried to make one metallic horn, i really like the result .

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
Re: WIP Sska Super Commando Steel Armor
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2017, 10:30 PM »
Following with interest :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kal Revik

• "You can run, but you will only die tired."
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2017, 12:36 AM »
Definitely following as well! The mauk super commandos are really amazing and I'm excited to see it as well as the awesome metal work you're doing! It's looking good!

OM #1135 Vhe'rang clan, NM/W. TX, SC
BM #149 Brigade: Spec Ops Recon
ALUMINATI #043/MIB #020/M.A.R.S #58/M.A.
#165/L.O.B. #50/O.O.P.S.! #39/Mandalorian Cavalry #7

Sska

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 08:21 PM »
Little update, more to come soon.

Helmet from steel and stainless steel, dome is a switzerland army helmet

Start of my jetpack from 3D print , Epoxy and metal powder will come soon

Front plate , Steel

Torolf Goran

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 08:27 PM »
Everything is looking good, nice work.

M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

Sska

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 08:31 PM »
Everything is looking good, nice work.

Thanks

Sska

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 08:36 PM »
Paint test, just to see how it is on metal and react.

Ammo belt with steel plate

EDIT: POST COMBINED

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:06 AM by Raestin Ke'Varek » Logged

Torolf Goran

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 08:44 PM »
It looks good. Double posting is against the forum rules though. You need to wait until someone else posts or wait at least a day before making a new post. Next time just modify the post to add your updates.

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 06:41 AM »
Hey, wish I had have spotted this sooner. Posting to follow updates.

However, there are a few things I am seeing issue with (I have a Brigade Canon cleared Super Commando so have built one, albeit not from metal). With attempting a canon build they are scrutinized against the source materials, not the normal CRLs.

• The shins on all of the SC builds I have seen so far have been symmetrical, what source/patterns are you working from showing asymmetry?
  • Are you planning on opening up the visor slot more? I appreciate the helmet is in its early stages but I don't want to see lots of work going in and it not to be correct.
  • Have you had your chest patterns checked for shape and size by anyone? Whilst the angles in between the chest plate and ab plate are nicely squared off the collar plate is incorrect. It does not have the bottom edge curve. It is a flat cut and matches the entire width of the chest plates once they are mounted. The overall width of the collar/chest plates on the Super Commando is also typically wider than a standard Mando build. Its spacing is based upon your vest side so it looks visually correct to the source.
  • Do you have a better photo of your belt and steel plates? What material is the belt made from? The steel plates you have made are meant to mimic "ammo pouches" so are going to have to be completely blackened and checked for damage to ensure the steel surface does not break through. Also it is important to get the "center square cut" pieces on the outer edges of your hips. The dimension and height of all of these pieces needs to be based on your height to give the correct visual reference. The plates are not placed in the center of the belt either btw.
  • Do you have any further pictures of the Jetpack? It looks like the base layer has a semi-circle top design which is incorrect for the SC. They have a triangular top shaped JP. It also looks like pieces are missing in your photo so having a hard time piecing it together in my head

Please don't take this as disheartening, I am trying to get in and help in the early stages before months of work goes into something that is not to spec.

The asset picture you linked in your first post is also not a great reference to work from. In episode images are best as it did change between asset, promotional materials and the animation itself.

Let me know if you want any photo references etc. as within the UK we have both canon brigade cleared Captains and Grunts. I can link to both our source materials and our build threads.

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!