Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Possible Jump Suit?

• 2 Replies

NanukIsCurious13

• She was Warned, nevertheless, She Persisted.
Possible Jump Suit?
« on: Mar 05, 2017, 09:45 PM »
I've been browing around for good sewing patterns for jump suits and I think I found a really good one by Simplicity

http://www.simplicity.com/simplicity-pattern-8286-misses-knit-and-woven-jumpsuit-and-leotard/S8286.html#start=7

The pictures show it as a two color contrast, but this can easily be done as a single color.
 The neck also features a zipper. I think by shortening the zipper ( so that it start at around the caller bone) and replacing it with snaps it would work.

Super excited to be here
Looking at starting my first kit
Any help is appreciated!!!!

Sabine

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Possible Jump Suit?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2017, 09:58 PM »
Definitely looks doable. My only issue with one piece body suits, and especially under armor, is that if you need to use the bathroom, you will have to completely de kit to do so. It's though enough in my black widow cosplays, I've never wanted to attempt it with Mercs.

Anyway, pattern wise it looks nice, and using snaps or buttons on the collar would be fine. I've never seen this one used so I don't know how well it fits in the bust, but my go to is the yaya Han pattern from mccalls because it contains multiple cup sizes. If that might be an issue for you, you might want to compare both patterns.

Sabine Wren S2

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC#1593 || M5#71 || NOS#9 || 96 OM Invasions

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
Re: Possible Jump Suit?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2017, 12:35 PM »
The zipper would in theory be covered by your vest, so you might not have to shorten it too much. But that pattern looks fine; coronae brings up a good point about bathroom breaks and dekitting. Just something to think about.

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!