Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flag Bearer Idea

• 5 Replies

Tythim Kirrem

• Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions
Flag Bearer Idea
« on: Mar 10, 2017, 01:47 AM »
I recently had an idea for a sort of back 'accessory'. Is there anything that states you can't have a clan banner or flag that attaches to your backplate, with the flag hanging just over your shoulder?

Forgive the Warcraft picture, but something along these lines.

Maybe with this modified mythosaur skull. If I were to do it, It'd likely be red skull on black, or red skull on gray.

I've got some ideas as to how I could attach and detach it, and this is definitely not something I plan to do until after OM, but I just wanted to run it by y'all and see if it was 1) Practical, and 2) Acceptable.

Manda'galaar Clan | OM #1736 |
L.O.B. #0034
#1 approved NME Deathstalker

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Flag Bearer Idea
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2017, 03:36 AM »
The same kind of flag was used by samurai armies in the Sengoku era, mounted to the backs of individual soldiers, and it's called a sashimono.  I've got a sashimono of my clan's logo that I'm wearing in the St Patrick's parade tomorrow.  A while back there was someone else who had a sashimono on his kit, but I can't recall who, only that it looked cool.

There's nothing in the CRLs that forbids it, only the possibility of getting dinged on the quality clause.  I keep mine around as a temporary addition for specific events like parades.

Barn

« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2017, 09:18 PM »
I like this idea, something i'll keep in mind for the future.

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2017, 08:31 PM »
Following, too.  Might be an idea I use for any parades we do. 
I wouldn't OM app with it, but as an optional accessory, it should be good to troop with (with Ruus'alor approval).

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2017, 09:07 PM »
Gonna follow this. I'm incredibly interested in seeing where this goes.

Tythim Kirrem

• Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2017, 11:43 PM »
Thanks all for the show of support for the idea. I do have a couple things on the To Do List before this, including making a, er... backplate. I'll definitely start posting a WIP for it here if / when I start this, though.

Manda'galaar Clan | OM #1736 |
L.O.B. #0034
#1 approved NME Deathstalker

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!