Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

BlackTie Helmet WIP

• 3 Replies
BlackTie Helmet WIP
« on: Apr 11, 2018, 03:27 AM »
So I'm a little worried that my helmet has wound up too wide. The joys of a big head and sloped shoulders. Helmet is 11.5" and my shoulders are about 22" wide, but they slope so it looks a little funny. I'm wondering if perhaps making my shoulder armor a little wider would make up for this.

I can always reprint it smaller, but it's about a week of printing and 2 spools of filament just to get this one out.

https://i.imgur.com/ASNKjF9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8aaC7kU.jpg

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Re: BlackTie Helmet WIP
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2018, 09:49 AM »
Width looks fine to me.  The Half your shoulder width guideline is WITH shoulder armor on.  If you're still not happy with it after shoulder armor, you can always add pauldrons to cover the transition from neck down the shoulder slope.   I also have a big head, and glasses under my helmet.

Me in t-shirt armor:

Me in Armor:

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2018, 10:29 AM »
That first photo you showed, it looks like the helmet is appropriately sized.

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2018, 11:38 AM »
Thank you both. I was super worried I'd screwed my scaling up, but now I'm excited to get the armor rolling

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!