Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sep Ho'ban - Legacy Kit - WIP (Approved) and Upgrades, Approved Privateer/Mech

• 145 Replies

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Sep Ho'ban - Legacy Kit - WIP (Approved) and Upgrades
« Reply #125 on: Feb 05, 2019, 03:30 PM »
Great work Sep, the evolution of your kit is amazing!

Thanks Shev'la! :) it's a running living log of skill acquisition.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #126 on: Feb 17, 2019, 01:52 AM »
And my kit has just been re-approved with the following pics :)  Thanks to everyone who has helped along the way!!

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #127 on: Feb 17, 2019, 08:02 AM »
*Knocks on the door*

"Have you heard the good word of the Privateer BRLs"

:laugh:

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #128 on: Feb 18, 2019, 02:19 PM »
*Knocks on the door*

Does my paint meet the requirements for that one?

Colors- Primary armor color should be bold and/or intimidating to frighten opponents. Patterns painted or added to the armor should be designed to enhance intimidation.

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #129 on: Feb 19, 2019, 12:00 AM »
I personally always took the paint requirements as pretty flexible. I would reach out to the Brigade Team if you are curious as they will be the ones that make the call :)

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #130 on: Feb 21, 2019, 09:41 PM »
Looks amazing! Really solid from head to toe :D

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #131 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Your kit looks amazing! I have to agree with Naran, it would fit in great as a privateer.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #132 on: Feb 28, 2019, 02:40 PM »
*Knocks on the door*

Your kit looks amazing! I have to agree with Naran, it would fit in great as a privateer.

Okay okay, after looking at the BRL, I realized I've build about 80-90% of a Privateer already, and it fits in line with what I have in mind for the kit, so I've posted the paint question in the Special Ops sub.

Edit:

AAAAAND going Privateer! Thanks for the advice guys :)

« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2019, 09:51 PM by Sep Ho'ban » Logged

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #133 on: Mar 03, 2019, 12:46 AM »
And decided to double major as a mechanic, WIPS for both professions are in the appropriate sub forums.  I'll do a pic dump here too at some point :)

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #134 on: Mar 19, 2019, 11:44 PM »
Ordered these for my ammo and girth belt -- Reproduction WW2 German Combat Suspenders

Tools:

New sigils on Kama (THANKS KEELY!)

getting closer, brigade WIPS updated :)

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
I love the customization on the tools  :) they look like they'll fit perfectly with the rest of your kit! I will admit to no small amount of inspiration in my own rebuild, especially now that I've had to scrap my chest plates and gone back to legacy.

Sep Ho'ban

That's high praise man.  I'm glad I could inspire you :)  I've been following your wip!

Sep Ho'ban

Allrighty, coming in on the home stretch.  Doing some leatherworking this week.  And we have a 3 day convention this weekend.  If all the new gear troops well Friday and Saturday, I'll be taking brigade photos Sunday morning.

With everything that's getting added to the belts, I new I needed some suspenders like I mentioned above.  They arrived, but they weren't fully ready to attach to my belts out of the box, so here's my test of them last night.  95% of them will be hidden under my plates, but I'm still going to weather them consistently with the rest of my kit. 

Here's the back of the belt with the extra magazines for Privateer -- I still need to weather them, also really considering painting them brighter colors first to add some more color for Privateer.  Also need to hang my rank ropes off the belt somewhere.

And the front of the belt with all the tools (for mechanic) and Fusion Cutter for both mechanic and Privateer-- other than hard mounting these to the belt, this stuff is how I want it to be.

Magnet mount testing for worklight for Mechanic:

Goals for tonight:
Weather a bunch of leather, paint the mags, weather the work light, final mount the tools.
Also gonna go back and review both BRL's one more time to make sure I haven't left anything out of my build.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
Gorgeous work, as always :). I wouldn't go full bright color on the mags, even weathered, but maybe a bright stripe or sigil on each? I really like the idea of the magnet-mounted spot lamp! I might have to steal/adapt the idea; I've been debating how to add a work light to my new kit (my original mechanic Slade had a head-lamp mounted on the side of the bucket that folded out when I needed it.

Kurz

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
That ammo belt is awesome! Is it possibile to have more pictures of it?

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

Sep Ho'ban

That ammo belt is awesome! Is it possibile to have more pictures of it?

Will do in the next couple of days! The base belt was made for me by a friend, TuskenDan

Kurz

Thanks Vod! I really like it and would like to have something similar. I'm missing just a couple of details on how it's made.

OM #2524
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

Sep Ho'ban

Thought I had already posted these, but here we go: Photo dump :)

Belt Pics: (as requested)

Kurz

Thanks man! That really helps

OM #2524
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

Sep Ho'ban

Got my Approval notice yesterday :)  Privateer/Mechanic Brigades-- check!

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
Seriously gorgeous kit vod, and congratulations on your approval!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!