Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Roguemama3 Work In Process

• 6 Replies
Roguemama3 Work In Process
« on: Sep 02, 2018, 07:11 AM »
Here's what I've done so far!   :porg2:

Since this is my first build, I went with the Rubie's Jango Fett helmet.
I ordered a face shield replacement - shade #3 to replace the weak shield that came with the helmet.

I plan on cutting out the vents & replacing this in it's spot.

I got my armor from The Mandalorian Arsenal

I've been cosplaying as Princess Leia for 3yrs now & since Carrie Fisher passing it seem pretty fitting to have the Phoenix as my armor design.

I still have so much to do with weathering/dirtying up my helmet/chest armor, working on my knee armor & deciding on a weapon.   I'll be working on my vest & cape this week!!!   :)

« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2018, 03:43 PM by Roguemama3 » Logged
Atyaor Ga'ihlr

DragonLady

• Kad'la Saldha of Fireteam Saldha
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Roguemama3 Work In Process
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2018, 01:03 AM »
Woooow! That paint job is stunning!   :like:

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23
WIP: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=144303.0

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2018, 01:04 PM »
Yeah, that's a pretty amazing paint job.  Well done, vod.  The only issue I'm seeing is that the CRLs say that Fett style ab plates need to be half as tall as they are wide; yours is closer to a 1 to 1 ration and will need to be trimmed.  However, with the quality of work you're showing, I have no doubt you'll make it work, and make it look awesome.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2018, 01:26 AM »
Thanks everyone!!! 

Here is my almost complete build!  I wore it for the very first time this pass Saturday to a little Sci-fi Con here in Germany!  After wearing it, I definitely want Gauntlets, side thigh & knee high shin armor!!  My axe was a very last minute build for the con this past weekend. Definitely going to make it look realistic soon. It was also my first time working with EVA form!

Atyaor Ga'ihlr

Veris Bralor

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2018, 05:48 PM »
Hey you look great! The phoenix looks killer. I'm glad you could have such a great test run and there is nothing better then a big axe. Sorry this is a month plus later, but as a followup with the ab plate comment above, that's a great rule to be weary about, but it might not apply here. The difference between a fett style and a variant modern style is extra foggy when trying to translate plates to different body shapes, and since you are using a pre-made piece I'd assume people have been approved with out modifying the ab-plate already. For now, get your local Ruus`alors involved or a few members of the app team, or just focus on making it look right on you. Which may mean a little trimming from the bottom, or shoring up the spacing, or making the sash narrower. Its not super easy to tell from informal pictures.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2018, 07:43 AM »
Also late comment, but I'd also suggest taking a little of the bottom of the ab plate and thinning the girth just a tiny bit so they aren't overlapping each other. Premade sets are sometimes hard to work with as they are not made specific to any one body size and they more than not, need adjusting in some way. In this case, the entire set could do with raising a little - but that would be impossible with the plates already shaped. Shortening the ab will help with stopping them look so stretched out down the body and pull the eye back to the centre diamond.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2019, 07:01 AM »
So sorry for a very late reply, life has been crazy here in Germany! 
I truly appreciate the feedback & will definitely shorten my ab plate. 
I'm working on a new girth belt & shin/knee guards as well.
Once all is done, I will post new pictures.

Atyaor Ga'ihlr

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!