Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Maag Skirata

• 19 Replies
Re: Maag Skirata
« Reply #15 on: Oct 11, 2017, 06:11 PM »
I dig the kit, it's looking good. If those leg pouches are original they're Korean war era grenade pouches. (in High School I curated at a military history museum in San Diego) I've wanted to use them myself but I have a hard time re-purposing old web gear because of aforementioned museum experience. ;) 

Maag Skirata

• Formerly 'moak_skirata'
« Reply #16 on: Oct 11, 2017, 07:41 PM »
Very cool! Your kit looks very practical.

Thanks! I'm wanting to get into the Forest Ops under the Environmental Assault Brigade. My being in the Army played a big role on the design of my kit.
Maag Skirata
Merc #1734
Cabur Akaata #103

Maag Skirata

• Formerly 'moak_skirata'
« Reply #17 on: Oct 11, 2017, 07:51 PM »
I dig the kit, it's looking good. If those leg pouches are original they're Korean war era grenade pouches. (in High School I curated at a military history museum in San Diego) I've wanted to use them myself but I have a hard time re-purposing old web gear because of aforementioned museum experience. ;)

Thanks for the info on the pouches man!!! Now I can fill others in on what they are. I understand your reasoning on re-purposing old treasures. Like Indiana Jones once said, "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!!!!" Buuuuuut that's what many Star Wars costumes/props are. Old re-purposed military gear! Glad you like it vod ;)
Maag Skirata
Merc #1734
Cabur Akaata #103

« Reply #18 on: Oct 11, 2017, 10:11 PM »
Thanks for the info on the pouches man!!! Now I can fill others in on what they are. I understand your reasoning on re-purposing old treasures. Like Indiana Jones once said, "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!!!!" Buuuuuut that's what many Star Wars costumes/props are. Old re-purposed military gear! Glad you like it vod ;)

To be honest, I'm surprised you found them in a surplus store, let alone a pair of them. Part of me suspects they are reproductions or foreign knock-offs. Either way they look great with your kit! Up until recently our local Fleet Farm carried surplus from random European countries and that was a great source for soft parts/pouches. It's where most of mine came from. You are very correct about Star Wars costumes being piecemeal from surplus stores. If you can find it, use it.  :D

« Reply #19 on: Dec 10, 2017, 10:32 PM »
Man, I love your kit.  I may end up borrowing the leg pouch idea, since I'm going recon with my kit.  Also, my wife has to know where your wife got her lekku, or if she made them herself.  Alongside her mando she's planning on doing a Twi'lek smuggler as well.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!