Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Build 1.5 - Akaleh Skirata

• 230 Replies

trashcanmando

• This is all Karen Traviss' fault. they/them
Re: Build 1.5
« Reply #175 on: Jul 12, 2017, 09:14 AM »
As soon as I can get another set of pics taken! Shammah has advised waiting until multiple clan members can help, but I work on the day of this month's armor party (and am already traveling across the state multiple times those two weeks) so that might not be until August... So I'm probably going to hand my mom the camera and take about twenty shots each side, heh. But not this week, I'm crazy busy. I'm actually going to a martial arts tournament! I'm the first person in my school to go to a tournament and compete, so I'm practically making school history. No pressure.  :P

So... it could be a few weeks, but Shammah approved my kit for trooping, so I'm not in as big of a rush as I was.  ;D

Og' Reh

• Ugliest Mandalorian you've ever seen!
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #176 on: Jul 13, 2017, 02:42 AM »
So... it could be a few weeks, but Shammah approved my kit for trooping, so I'm not in as big of a rush as I was.  ;D

One can do that? I didn't know!

Perhaps I can do it here as well...

- My Lord! The field is lost! Army in disarray. This may be the end of the war...
- Desperate times need desperate measures... Call Mandalorians!
- Like... BOTH of them?

WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=105164.0
Bucket (complete): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106492.msg1782976#msg1782976

Shammah

• Vhett Manda
  • Awards 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #177 on: Jul 13, 2017, 05:05 AM »
One can do that? I didn't know!

Perhaps I can do it here as well...

It wouldn't be an official troop, but I think the kit looks good enough to start working the bugs out of. ;)

Vhett Manda Clan - Iowa, USA
MMCC # 1013

Two things left for sniper... TIME! GIVE ME TIME!
Cabur Akaata #38     M.A.B.E.L. #042... Perfect!
VRCA #067                 M.A.C.K. #43
M.A. #175
Sniper WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90431.0

Og' Reh

« Reply #178 on: Jul 27, 2017, 11:18 AM »
Oya! How's your kit? Been a while since I was on the forum, and I see no OM in this topic! ;)

- My Lord! The field is lost! Army in disarray. This may be the end of the war...
- Like... BOTH of them?

Bucket (complete): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106492.msg1782976#msg1782976

trashcanmando

« Reply #179 on: Jul 27, 2017, 04:12 PM »
Haha! Soon, soon. I just got the next round of app pictures taken yesterday, so the clan's discussing which ones to use and all that. Buuutt I have first troop pics!! I even took some paint damage to one of my knees lol. Got a couple small things to fix, found some seams that need reinforced, small stuff like that.

Had some fun beforehand!

We were offered food once the actual event started, and who am I to turn down a cookie? But I totally forgot that you can't eat through a helmet and actually knocked the cookie into my visor before I realized this wasn't going to work. We had some fun with it.

I am officially Very Short- gonna use this picture for the M5 society once I get OM, lol.

I've got a lot of group pictures with kids, but I didn't want to upload many pictures with kids in 'em to general forums. So here's a couple choice shots from lightsaber duels! And a high five, cause that's a pretty good shot, and there was a lot of high fiving.

Showing off our combat prowess:

I get swarmed:

I surrender! Have mercy!

They had no mercy

Kids are apparently at their most sociable when trying to hit you with foam noodle lightsabers. Makes perfect sense to me.  :P

Og' Reh

« Reply #180 on: Jul 28, 2017, 03:21 AM »

I am officially Very Short- gonna use this picture for the M5 society once I get OM, lol.

LOL! I was thinking about joining that society, but as a Shadower (or as they're called). I'm 6'7" myself, so I might stand a chance! :)

I surrender! Have mercy!

You lost your head?! (well - apparently that's what was going to happen in few secs). Expect no mercy from them! ;)

They had no mercy

Right now I'm like wandering which one I should use: "Didn't I tell ya?" or "What did you expect?" ;)

Kids are apparently at their most sociable when trying to hit you with foam noodle lightsabers. Makes perfect sense to me.  :P

Mine saw my pictures from SDCC with all the Mandos around and... Now I'm making their armors. Just like Kriss predicted - I'll be making their's sooner than mine! ;)

Anyway - I love to see you're getting settled in the Mando community! Can't wait for that kill stripes of yours!

- Like... BOTH of them?

trashcanmando

« Reply #181 on: Aug 07, 2017, 11:04 PM »
Thanks so much, vod! I just submitted my app, now we wait!

aforklikeutensil

• Porgiatrician
« Reply #182 on: Aug 07, 2017, 11:25 PM »
OYA!  K'oyacyi, vod!

Boxception

• Cel'exa Klina'shel OM #1861
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #183 on: Aug 08, 2017, 12:31 AM »
Thanks so much, vod! I just submitted my app, now we wait!

Good luck Vod. I will await your kill stripes. 

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW       Cel'exa Klina'shel OM #1861
MY WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=135464.msg1752482#msg1752482

Og' Reh

« Reply #184 on: Aug 08, 2017, 05:24 AM »
Ho ho ho! Can't wait for those!

Good luck! I keep my fingers crossed for you!

- Like... BOTH of them?

trashcanmando

« Reply #185 on: Aug 27, 2017, 03:40 PM »
Update: just got my second round of pics taken! Sent 'em to Shammah, hopefully they'll be okay and I can email them in and get my stripes! I still have a week left before I'll need to resubmit.

The things I needed to fix/watch out for, directly from the app team email:

- The chest plates are sitting too low. Moving them up will also help 
resolve the ab plate sitting over the top of the girth belt instead of 
behind it.
- The cod plate is a little too high. Moving it and the belts down may 
also help create space in the waist/girth area.
- It looks like your flightsuit sleeves might be poking out from the 
end of the gauntlets. When you suit up, make sure this doesn't happen.

Nothing too major, got it all fixed up with a couple more adjustments like dying the velcro all black and a little paint touch up. The worst part is finding time to actually get the pictures taken!  :P

Once I've got my stripes at last, I'll probably go on hiatus for a little bit for college. I'm going to use my kit to go trick-or-treating with some friends or a cousin, hopefully, so I'm looking forward to some pictures from that.  :laugh: Maybe I'll find some time to write and work on the character backstory... And I'm developing a pipe dream of building an astromech for the clan, but at least not until I graduate!  :laugh:

Boxception

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #186 on: Aug 28, 2017, 01:34 AM »
Excellent work continuing with the improvements vod. Your kits is never really done. As I'm finding out. I'll still keep a look out for those stripes!! 

MY WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=135464.msg1752482#msg1752482
« Reply #187 on: Aug 28, 2017, 01:52 AM »
Nice work! There isn't a doubt you won't get those kill stripes  ;)

trashcanmando

« Reply #188 on: Aug 28, 2017, 09:14 AM »
Thanks vode, I'm just hoping they don't find anything new.  :laugh:

trashcanmando

« Reply #189 on: Aug 30, 2017, 04:00 PM »
I just got my acceptance letter!! OYA!

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #190 on: Aug 30, 2017, 04:16 PM »
Oya vod! Congrats :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

aforklikeutensil

• Porgiatrician
« Reply #191 on: Aug 30, 2017, 04:18 PM »
OYA!

Shammah

• Vhett Manda
  • Awards 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #192 on: Aug 30, 2017, 04:30 PM »
Oya vod! You certainly worked for it and it's paid off. ;D

Vhett Manda Clan - Iowa, USA
MMCC # 1013

Two things left for sniper... TIME! GIVE ME TIME!
Cabur Akaata #38     M.A.B.E.L. #042... Perfect!
VRCA #067                 M.A.C.K. #43
M.A. #175
Sniper WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90431.0

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #193 on: Aug 30, 2017, 04:40 PM »
Congrats, vod!

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Og' Reh

« Reply #194 on: Aug 31, 2017, 03:59 AM »
That's awesome!

I'm so happy for you!

Happy hunting Vod!

- Like... BOTH of them?

« Reply #195 on: Aug 31, 2017, 11:00 AM »
Congrats vod! Welcome to the family  :)

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #196 on: Aug 31, 2017, 03:50 PM »
I just got my acceptance letter!! OYA!
OYA!

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

trashcanmando

« Reply #197 on: Aug 31, 2017, 08:54 PM »
Thanks so much everybody!!

Here's the final app picture that the clan roster got updated with and all:

They gave me a pass on a couple things, such as my spacing looking better when Shammah was taking the picture, and I didn't get my sash belt as even as it should've been (it's not bad in this shot), and I just realized my boots got cut off... But I'm very pleased with the final kit  8)

Boxception

« Reply #198 on: Sep 01, 2017, 01:00 AM »
Oya!!! Gratz vod. Look forward to trooping with yah! 

trashcanmando

« Reply #199 on: Feb 09, 2018, 01:15 PM »
After a considerable break, I have an update! This morning I got a pair of Bowfanny's 3D printed gauntlets in the mail from Havelock! I'm really excited to start working on them, but I could use any advice you guys have, since I've never worked with anything 3D printed before. So happy I get to retire the 'Mark I' gauntlets  :laugh:

I've got another question- if I wear my kit for too long, I get a really bad pressure headache. My mom and me both can't wear heavy necklaces because that gives us both headaches, so I thought I might just need to alter my flight suit and flak vest at the back of my neck. I asked about it at last month's clan armor party, and they said it could also be the padding in my helmet. I don't actually have a pad in the top because that raises the helmet up too high to see out of. I was wondering if anyone's ever heard of a similar issue.
Really, I need to just wear parts of the kit around and see what exactly gives me a headache, but I'm not exactly thrilled about it.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!