Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Eitanya's S3 Sabine build

• 50 Replies

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Eitanya's S3 Sabine build
« Reply #25 on: Oct 09, 2017, 03:09 AM »
Glad to see you back at Sabine!

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #26 on: Jan 08, 2018, 04:16 PM »
Haven't updated in a while, let me tell you a story about how I murdered my motivation:

Last coat of primer and my painting stand broke, helmet went SPLAT (actually it was more of a sickening sort of shattering sound.)  As this has been a frustrating costume to begin with, I decided to step away for a bit so I didn't break anything else.

CUE PLOT TWIST:

A bunch of giant-hearted people chipped in together and got me a new bucket from NME Props, which absolutely hasn't made me cry repeatedly. ;) Got the visor install too so I didn't muck that up myself.

Got it all painted up and The Great Helmet Catastrophe of 2017 had a happy ending! Thank you to everyone who made this happen, I'm chipping away at the rest of the costume and should be updating more often. :)

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2018, 09:53 PM by Eitanya » Logged

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #27 on: Jan 08, 2018, 06:32 PM »
I'm so sorry about your first helmet. That sounds horrifying. I'm glad that you're happy with the NME though.

I don't know if it's just a problem with my computer, but the image links aren't working. D: Just as an FYI.

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #28 on: Jan 08, 2018, 10:21 PM »
Hmm, not sure why but a bunch of the old pics were broken too. Should be fixed now! Found some other pics while I'm at it.

Gauntlets (3D printed from Aliya's files)

and Darksaber from here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2188594

« Reply #29 on: Jan 09, 2018, 02:17 PM »
The new build looks awesome!  So sorry to hear about your helmet, but glad you're back on track. :)

Kebiin Ke'Varek

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2018, 03:52 PM »
In my world, you are the real-life Sabine.  I always love your work, and this is no different.

Eitanya

« Reply #31 on: Jan 30, 2018, 04:47 PM »
In my world, you are the real-life Sabine.  I always love your work, and this is no different.

Aw, thank you hon! That means a lot. <3

Got my gaunts done, randomly decided to add the shield too (pretty simple PETG plastic with airbrushed details, attached with magnets.)

Got my jetpack in from The Armor Factory too, working on that next.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #32 on: Jan 30, 2018, 04:50 PM »
This is just fantastic! 

Very excited to see how that jetpack turns out.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2018, 06:15 PM »
Nice work as always!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Katt

« Reply #34 on: Feb 02, 2018, 08:43 PM »
They look fantastic!

Myra Tiin

• Outer Space Vandal
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #35 on: Feb 04, 2018, 08:53 AM »
That shield looks awesome ! Are you going to put some lights in it ?

Desert ops Brigades - WIP  - Pixel Mandos
 QMU #017 - KOVA #002 - EMTS #118

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #36 on: Feb 06, 2018, 12:33 AM »
Excited to see your Darksaber and jetpack come to life. Those Gaunts look great.

« Reply #37 on: Feb 06, 2018, 03:39 PM »
Love the shield! I can't wait to see how this all comes together.

Eitanya

« Reply #38 on: Feb 17, 2018, 09:51 AM »
That shield looks awesome ! Are you going to put some lights in it ?

Not this one, I may upgrade later to make the gaunts light up and everything. We'll see!

Added blue to the ends of my wig (it's brighter than it looks in the pic.) Gloves are splattered, leg flares are done, working on the jetpack paint now! Trying to get this done for Pensacon next weekend.

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #39 on: Feb 22, 2018, 12:57 AM »
looking great!

Also congrats on the Alorad position! :D

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Eitanya

« Reply #40 on: Feb 22, 2018, 10:58 AM »
looking great!

Also congrats on the Alorad position! :D

Thank you!  ;D

Jetpack and Darksaber are finished:

Current state of things:

I'm putting a new bolt in the earcap button today so the rangefinder will be removable, that's why it's not pictured. Got some tweaks to make on the chest and collar placement, and sewing in the magnets for the jetpack, but at least it's wearable for Pensacon.

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #41 on: Feb 25, 2018, 04:03 AM »
So cool! Absolutely love it  8)

Raquel91

• Mhi solus tome
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago
« Reply #42 on: Mar 29, 2018, 12:35 AM »
Beautiful work as always!  ;)

Arqet Clan Alor'ad 2019-2021, Ver'alor 2022
South Central Region Ver Al'verde 2023
Mando Q&A Form
OM#1871b Sabine Wren & Ruu Sedam   
#90 - M5, #038 .G.O.M.O.L., #017 N. O. S.
« Reply #43 on: Apr 24, 2018, 01:22 PM »
Your Sabine is amazing!  Can I ask how you formed your chest pieces?  Are they sintra?  Trying to help my girlfriend with hers and we aren't having much luck.

Eitanya

« Reply #44 on: Apr 24, 2018, 01:54 PM »
Your Sabine is amazing!  Can I ask how you formed your chest pieces?  Are they sintra?  Trying to help my girlfriend with hers and we aren't having much luck.

They are sintra. It's hard to explain, I sort of bend the side and top into place then roll the corner back and forth on a table to get a smooth bend. You can also form it over a mannequin if you have one, or some kind of hard sphere shape. I know a lot of people need to cut a dart in the plate to get a better curve if they're busty (I'm not, lol.)

« Reply #45 on: Apr 24, 2018, 02:48 PM »
Thanks, she's a smaller bust, so hopefully I won't need a dart.  I don't have a form, but perhaps some thick clothes and a on her will work as a form.

« Reply #46 on: Apr 24, 2018, 09:23 PM »
Wow! Your work in fantastic!

Family means alot more than Bloodlines
Raquor'daan Clan Foundling

Katt

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2018, 11:08 PM »
Loving the updates. Amazing as always.

Eitanya

« Reply #48 on: Sep 25, 2018, 05:17 PM »
Had a few issues to tweak and couldn't find the time this summer, but I pulled her back out this weekend. I think I've got everything squared away for the most part.

App pics! Wish me luck.  :sabine:

« Reply #49 on: Sep 26, 2018, 06:31 AM »
Omg! That looks amazing! Good luck with approval!  :sabine:

"This is gonna be fun. Very fun." ~Sabine Wren

Instagram | Season 4 Sabine Wren Armor WIP Thread

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!