Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bounty display wip.

• 30 Replies

Crimson13

• Death From Above.
Bounty display wip.
« on: Apr 06, 2017, 09:52 PM »
So I like having many projects going at once... haha.  So of course I decided to do some work in adobe after effects and put together a "bounty list" video that someone can pull up on a phone or something, embedded in their kit.

When it's done there'll obviously be more than one entry in the vid.  And I think I'd be open to making custom vids for clans and such featuring clan logos, members, clan colors etc....

Without further ado: https://youtu.be/gdd8VeYh3-k

Questions, comments, and criticism is welcome!

Shiib'tal

Anansi

• Ratiin de gar be'eso, ner vod.
Re: Bounty display wip.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2017, 11:17 AM »
I really like it. Is the outer glow supposed to emulate a backlit LCD? If so, I'd recommend adding it to all the text and removing the stroke. Really love the effect on the photo.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2017, 12:40 PM »
This looks awesome! The Lorum Ipsum threw me off for a minute, but this looks like an amazing project.

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur.
-Today is a good day for somebody else to die.

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya.
-Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger.

Naritir Ka'ra

• If at first you don't succeed... reload.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2017, 12:52 PM »
I'll be watching this thread; I've wanted to add a screen to my gauntlets in my Mk II.

MMCC #1755 | Invasions: 10
BOMB #57 | PMS #8 | MLCS #2 | WB #13 | VABS | MA #175 | MACK #41 | MTS #108 | MARS #66 | GOMOL #28 | MirShebs #16 | Wrang #3

I'll sign autographs, after the smoke clears.
Mk01 OM 4/5/17
F: naritir T: @naritir_kara IG: naritir
Story

Crimson13

• Death From Above.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2017, 06:02 PM »
Thanks for the comments.

I did a few little changes. Increased some of the glow on the text, and added some glow to the bounty image.

And for those of you reading the Mandalorian text, I've replaced the lorem ipsum, with something I think you'll get a chuckle out of.

https://youtu.be/Ijm1eNAJv54

Is there interest with having a version of this full of other Mercs?  Someone could submit themselves with a short "bounty report", and a picture and be added into the video.

I'll probably at least do one full of random people/species/etc from the SW universe.

Shiib'tal
« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2017, 06:14 PM »
I think this is a phenomenal idea, but I think it would be best to load it with generic baddies, like the suspected sith mastermind you have currently. Maybe having it as a template that you can insert some Mandos with an achievement sort of list.

Crimson13

• Death From Above.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2017, 08:27 PM »
Do you think I should do well-known bad guys or more of a random collection of species that I make up info on?

Shiib'tal
« Reply #8 on: Apr 08, 2017, 02:20 AM »
I would think an 80/20 random to known bad guy ratio just to keep things fresh, but also having a face or two that somebody might recognize. Of course thats just my thoughts. At this rate, what ever you end up with, I'll be incorporating it into my kit in some way shape or form.

Crimson13

• Death From Above.
« Reply #9 on: Apr 09, 2017, 02:14 PM »
I like that 80/20 idea.  Should get some time to add new bounties to the "database" in the next day or so.

Shiib'tal
« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2017, 09:14 AM »
Hmm. Maybe you could make this into a template? Not super familiar with After Effects, but if it's anything like Premiere Pro, then you should just be able to create a template where people can sub in their own image and keep everything else the same. Up to you, of course, since it's apparent you put some good work into this.  ;D

Crimson13

• Death From Above.
« Reply #11 on: Apr 10, 2017, 04:43 PM »
It's basically setup like a template now. Just copy the bounty listing part, change the text, change the pic and you're done.  The only thing is people would need to have after effects to be able to edit it.  Like I said I'm super open to making custom ones for people, just get me the pic and small bounty bio.

Shiib'tal

Teilyr Farsel

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #12 on: Apr 10, 2017, 06:52 PM »
This is a cool set up!

Crimson13

• Death From Above.
« Reply #13 on: Apr 19, 2017, 03:07 AM »
Made some progress.

Upon uploading I saw some issues that have already been fixed. Mainly the "motion" of the tile effect on some of the portraits being a bit delayed.

https://youtu.be/D00Ik-hcIaw

I think some people will get a kick out of the currently last, bounty!

Shiib'tal
« Reply #14 on: Apr 19, 2017, 03:39 AM »
This is looking awesome! That last bounty is pretty... mesmerizing!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!