Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Quick armor question

• 5 Replies
Quick armor question
« on: Apr 11, 2017, 03:19 PM »
Okay,  I guess first id intro myself. I dont onow if you go by real names but im Jason. I have been a huge fan for years but only recently been able to plan a uniform. My main question about my potential armor is. My character is a child of a clone commando who defected during order 66 and a Mandalorian female from clan skirata. His armor is crafted to look like a mix of the Katarn Class and medium Mandoa armor. Any ideas, advice or help would be appreciated.

"That which does not kill me, should run."

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Quick armor question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2017, 03:26 PM »
Hey Zax, welcome to the Mercs.  Adding elements of clone armor is acceptable.  The ratio is 80/20.  So 20% of your armor pieces can be non-mando.  If you have any concept artwork you should start a WiP thread in either the Armor Concepts section, or the Armor Construction section.  Get some ideas up, and we can give you more concrete help.  Additionally, you'll want to drop in and say hello in the Firestorm Clan section and start getting to know your fellow Virginia Mercs.

Happy building, vod.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Teilyr Farsel

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2017, 03:38 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2017, 01:11 PM »
Welcome! And yes, many members use Clone pieces of armor on their kits. You just can't use a ton of it. 80/20, as Havelock stated.

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736
« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2017, 04:21 PM »

i am working on the templates

"That which does not kill me, should run."

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2017, 12:30 PM »
I would highly suggest that you try taping the templates on you so that we can get a better idea for your plate spacing and sizing. Make sure that the collar touches your neck and that the ab plate is on or above your navel.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!