Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Teligent's Gauntlets WIP

• 1 Replies

Teligent

• "If the cred is right, I'm in"
Teligent's Gauntlets WIP
« on: Jun 14, 2017, 08:22 PM »
SO the other day I finally cracked down and began forming my first gauntlet. Starting with the left. After spending the time the end result is looking good. It's a bit more form fitting than spacious. Though from how my clan mates are talking it is looking good. Though I know the hinge is showing and am going to working on that. Going to add a piece to cover the hinge attached by earth magnets. Which should connect to the hinges through sintra.

An I'm sure many of you have had this problem. Not knowing where to start, how to form, ect and just go for it. Then a day later you randomly find a video on how to make it. Well that was me on Monday. Found a YouTuber that is making a ROTJ Boba kit and has speed videos on him making his gauntlets out of 3mm sintra like myself. So now for my right gauntlet I'm gonna actually try and make it from the templates.

My question for you all is whats the best way to form it? What should I use to attach the upper and lower half's together once they are rounded out? I just wanna get the shells put together before  I start worrying about the upper accessory's.

"The things I do, I do for my family and my clan."

Teligent

• "If the cred is right, I'm in"
Re: Teligent's Gauntlets WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2017, 08:53 PM »
Some updates on my right gauntlet. I'm impressed with myself! I spent most of the evening/afternoon working on shaping my outer shells. Originally I was only going to do the lower half but then I was able to move on to shaping the upper outer shell.

I will say the shaping was still a challenge but not anymore than how my left gauntlet turned out. Thanks the the curve templates the patterns give you, it's a bit more simple. Though lining up both halfs is still a pain. I just gotta say, keep shaping and sanding till they line up just right. I ended up using my dremel on the areas where they were off. Then took my sand paper to them.

As of right now they are tapped down just to show how they fit. Once I get the inner shells and curve pieces done I will figure out how to connect everything. Bondo maybe? Super glue?  While I was at work I was able to clean everything up a bit more. Starting to look like a real gauntlet.

"The things I do, I do for my family and my clan."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!